Please Help... R. L. Winston

bigbass778

I have a R. L. Winston fly rod I know nothing about.

It is a 9' 2 pc. 7wt 3 1/4 oz. 7066.

Can anyone tell me when it was made, what it's worth, or

anything else about it.

Thanks for your help.

speechless33759

Try calling Winston, they'll know for sure. Winston's are great rods and are a great company to deal with. Plus their rods are made in the good ole USA!

R.L Winston Rod Company
500 South Main Street, P.O. Box 411
Twin Bridges, Montana 59754
Telephone: 406.684.5674
Fax: 406.684.5533

centerpin fan

Ditto on everything speechless said. Winston makes beautiful rods that are great fishing tools.

Also, Winston's website has a bulletin board. The members are Winston fanatics. I'm sure one of them could also help you out.

ssmith6

7066 is going to be the serial number and that is an early early rod which is going to be the IM6 rod which was the precursers to the WT rod series. Winston Rods are hard to beat. I have several and wouldnt trade them for anything. Give them a call and they will be glad to tell you date of manufacture and anything else you want to know. They have always had great customer service in my experiences!

bowbuck

If I remember correctly they actually didn't have rights to use the IM6 moniker and got sued over it and they then changed the name to W.T. which was something like Winston Traditional or something like that. Basically at the time same rod different name. All or part of this may be factual it's been a while since that happened. Mid to late 90's maybe.

ssmith6

you are correct. There are some rods out there that have WT on them that are the same IM6 blanks. The change was somewhere in the 45xxx-60xxx. I knew once but have now forgotten.

bigbass778

Thanks for everyones help

Thanks for everyones help. I found alot of info off of RLW website.

I'm going to be putting the rod on swap and sell if anyone is interested.

Thanks again