5 5 10 Limbhanger

yonceyboy

This has been one of most memorable seasons for me.I've been on these birds for 3 weeks tryin to get a young man Hollywood20 on here his first bird.We have called birds in every weekend.We have called in off the roost,called them in from along way off,been seen by them,shot at them you name it and it's happened.
This morning I'm alittle late.I get there about fly down time.I ease up to the tree line 125 yards from the tree he usually roosts in.I've called them to this spot twice this year.I decide not to call just hang out and see if they fire up later.Afew minutes passes I hear a yelp down the ridge.I get my gun up and tom steps out headed right to me.At 35 yrds I give him acluck and face full #5shot.
Tonight maybe I'll get some sleep.
10in beard,1 1/4 sharp hooks,19 1/2 lbs Thank you Lord.

Attachments

• 5 5 10 001.jpg
    5 5 10 001.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 445
  • 5 5 10 088.jpg
    5 5 10 088.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 447

DeweyDuck

Atta boy!!! Never give up, never give up, NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Good bird Greg...... Congrats:fine:

yonceyboy

that was suppost to be mine
Thanks guys.I didnt mention this but when I was headed home geuss who was on the side of the road waiting on the school bus,yep Hollywood20 I bet I'VE taught him more in the last3 weeks about turkey hunting than those teachers at school have taught.I would say he is having a hard time staying focused on the books.Yelp,yelp cut,cut,cut,yelp,yelp.GAAAAAWWWWW,We will be back after yours this weekend Hollywood.:shoot:

Unicoidawg

Staff member
that was suppost to be mine

Good luck getting yours Hollywood, but let me give ya some advice about turkey hunting.......... If'n you get a opportunity at a bird you better cash it in, like Yoncey did. I have been chasing these things for 20 years now and if there is one given in turkey hunting it is the fact that they are the most unpredictable thing in the woods. To be such a instinctual survior, they sure do some stupid things sometimes. Just when you think you got'em figured out they'll do the exact opposite........:crazy: There is one out there with your name on it, easy on the calling, use the terrain to your advantage and for goodness sake BE STILL. Oh yeah when you do get one take plenty of pics so we can see..........:cool:

shotgun shorty

Thanks guys.I didnt mention this but when I was headed home geuss who was on the side of the road waiting on the school bus,yep Hollywood20 I bet I'VE taught him more in the last3 weeks about turkey hunting than those teachers at school have taught.I would say he is having a hard time staying focused on the books.Yelp,yelp cut,cut,cut,yelp,yelp.GAAAAAWWWWW,We will be back after yours this weekend Hollywood.:shoot:
You know thats right, come on.:D:D:D:D

ryanwhit

Congrats, fine bird!!