Pulaski Farmhouse

squirreldoghunter

I've been watching this old house deteriorate for many years. It's a shame, I bet it was a fine place at one time, but it makes for interesting shots.

Attachments

• 050710PulaskiFarmhse (12)photomatix3aa (1000 x 681)a.jpg
    050710PulaskiFarmhse (12)photomatix3aa (1000 x 681)a.jpg
    461.7 KB · Views: 359
  • 050710PulaskiFarmhse (19)aaab (1000 x 667).jpg
    050710PulaskiFarmhse (19)aaab (1000 x 667).jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 346
  • 050710PulaskiFarmhse (23)pm (1000 x 665).jpg
    050710PulaskiFarmhse (23)pm (1000 x 665).jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 365
  • 050710PulaskiFarmhse (24)ab (1000 x 665).jpg
    050710PulaskiFarmhse (24)ab (1000 x 665).jpg
    472.8 KB · Views: 509

wvdawg

Staff member
I bet there are a lot of great stories left behind there! Nice shots!

rip18

Yep, there are far too many old houses falling apart like that. I know a couple that I'd like to salvage some "parts" out of for a future house. Neat shots!

Hoss

They do make for some wonderful shots. Good job on these. Shots like these just make you sit back and think in wonder about the lives that passed through their doors.

Hoss

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Nice capture of that old place, thanks for sharing it

Redbow

Man if that old house could talk ! Yes it was a very fine home at one time in the past ! Its kinda sad to see such a fine old creation just decay away with time ! I like the tv antenna still attatched to the roof top! The old house seems to be silently weeping for its family who will never return !

Smokey

Really like the 2nd shot.

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
Man if that old house could talk ! Yes it was a very fine home at one time in the past ! Its kinda sad to see such a fine old creation just decay away with time ! I like the tv antenna still attatched to the roof top! The old house seems to be silently weeping for its family who will never return !

It's really sad to see them... they are still beautiful and I hate to see them so neglected. It seems like the kids just grew up and moved away and nobody wants them. If I had one of those... It wouldn't be lonely and neglected anymore. It would be so awesome to bring one back to life, even if only for weekend getaways... But I could live in a house like that :cool:

Slim Chance

Do you know who owns it? If you could get permission
to salvage some of the wood, you could make some very nice
frames for your pictures.

squirreldoghunter

That's a good idea about the wood. I bet there's some good stuff in there. At the least I'd like to get permission to go inside and take some pics and maybe learn something about the history.

BREAK'N WINGS

I know exactly where that house is!!! I've always wondered what stories could be told about it. Hate to see them old ones die a slow death. Some one ought to put some time into it.

Parker Phoenix

I have watched that house since I got out of the USAF in1981 slowly go down hill. I asked one of the neighbors if it was for sale back then, and was told the family wanted to keep it.