Garmin 60csx GPS

frankwright

If I purchase this GPS do I then have to buy maps of Georgia and individual lake maps?

I mainly want it for my hunting but may use it on area lakes with my kayak.

Thanks

Randy

Yes and it only works with Garmin maps not navionics. It is still a great GPS though. Sucks that it is now 199 when I paid nearly 300 a few months ago.

frankwright

Yes, Most folks paid over $400. I suspect they are coming out with a new model as Cabela's,BPS and REI have all had it on sale lately.
Is it possible to share downloads from one GPS to the other, not saying I would accept illegal copyrighted material.:O

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
You do not have to use Garmin products only. I have downloaded free third party maps that are excellent into this GPS with no problem.

Like you said the price drop is incredible, the wife paid a chunk buying it as a gift.

I thought I got a deal for $299. Then 38 days later, it went down to $199. I called and asked about their policy on prices that go down after purchase and was told 30 days was the limit. I then asked about their return policy and was told 90 days with inspection. I said, "Okay, I'll send it back and get a $299 refund, then go to the store and buy a new one for $199 and only lose the cost of return shipping and tax on the new unit." They told me it wasn't necessary and sent me a gift card for $100.

I would like to get a map of Lake Lanier someday, but don't know if I ever will. I don't need street maps, because I have a Nuvi 1350T for use in the vehicle.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member