Garmin Owners ?

cleg

I am thinking about getting the G2 vision card for my GPS. I have a card for the inland lake and river and it shows the depth contour for the lakes. My question, Is it worth the money for fishing the ICW ? Thanks

G Duck

What model gps do you have? Does it have a basemap of the coast? Might want to pm Hobo, he is a Garmin Dealer and can help you with it.

cleg

It is the 421s model and it has the base map. I am wondering if the G2 chip will show the contour lines of the inshore waters like the chip I have for the lakes. Thanks for the help, I will PM hobo for more info !

G Duck

Im not sure, but Ken (Hobo) will help you out. To me, the markers would help better on the map than the contour lines, as things change.

capt stan

Yep get ahold of HOBO!

HuntNTails

I don't know about your model, but I bought a garmin chartplotter several years ago with BlueChart Americas and the contour lines and detail was pretty close and still is pretty close. I use caution when running around low tide, but overall my unit shows the mud bars pretty close to where they actually are. Good thing is when I do run around the bars, I can save that track to run back later.

I'd check into to further before purchase.

hntr2k

Cleg...Could you post HOBO's intel, please? I have a 441 and was wondering the value of the G2 Vision card myself.

Thanks, Pard.

cleg

Cleg...Could you post HOBO's intel, please? I have a 441 and was wondering the value of the G2 Vision card myself.

Thanks, Pard.

I sent him a PM but I have not gotten a response yet. I will post as soon as he does

hntr2k

Excellent! Thank you.

cleg

HoBO's Response :

Jason,

The g2 Vision Cartography are little more that Google Earth overlays..... To me they are a waste of money..... I have one and have been very disappointed....

The BlueChart you have in your unit should show all the detail that you will ever need...

I use a 546s on my 17' Maverick and a 4212 on my 24 Pathfinder.... I could use my g2 Vision chart in either/both but seldom ever use it at all.....

hntr2k

Thank you cleg and Hobo.

gogzhero1

Garmin G2

I also have the G2 card and like the bells and whistles but its a little tricky to figure it out. It will give you an actual route thru deep spots too but be carefull. Not always accurate. Garmin 540 w/ g2 card