Lake Mayers and Lake Tara near Baxley

Mudfish37

Hello, I have been looking for a few new bodies of water to learn. I usually fish Banks Lake, Paradise PFA, and the Satilla River.
I was trying to figure out if Lake Mayers and Lake Tara are open to the public.

From what I've read I'm almost positive Lake Mayers is open to fish, I just want to be sure because there isn't any recent literature, everything I've found out about it is from the 2000s and early 2010s.

Lake Tara, I have no idea. parcel data shows that the lake itself and a small portion of land containing what looks like a boat ramp are owned by Appling County, the same as Lake Mayers. But I wanted to be sure because I've also read in a comment on fish-brain that it is closed to members of an HOA surrounding the lake.

I just don't want to trespass accidentally, those HOA Karens can be a pita, (I had permission from a friend who lived there to fish Holiday Beach Lake launching from their ramp and some heifer raised cane about it). If anyone can let me know where I can and can't fish, I'd appreciate it.

Tight lines.

BriarPatch99

I have fished Lake Mayers... unless it has changed recently(2/3 years)... it is open to the public..

Pretty decent fishing until the jet skis start up..

Latest posts