Big Gator............

Bulldog22

This 12'-4" dinosaur was taken in Lake Harney Florida by me and my two buddy's with nothing more then two treble hooks and a bang stick on a 16' flats boat.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Ol' Toothy's brothers are still lurking out there.

tsknmcn

Nice one. I don't know about FL, but one that big in GA is usually nearing 100 years old.

ghost8026

i hope i can get one like that when season opens this is my first time getin drawn though so we will see

Dep6

Nice one, job well done!!

As Gatorstick loves to say, "You have done your part to protect the Poodles in America!!"

Nice Job guy's

Nice job guy's. Those three legged crickets don't play.

Be he made your reel scream for a while.

12'4" is that the lake record?

frydaddy40:D

gatorstick

Taking that gator was protecting cows & hogs!

Nice gator.
Where in Harney did it come from? Wasn't the one hanging out at Jolly Gator was it?

Bulldog22

Taking that gator was protecting cows & hogs!

Nice gator.
Where in Harney did it come from? Wasn't the one hanging out at Jolly Gator was it?

Close by the Jolly Gator.

If you drop in the boat ramp at the Jolly Gator and take the channel north he was hanging out at the first bend to the east. According to google earth he was 0.6 miles from the boat ramp, as the crow flies.

We were headed in for the night and this guy was stretched across the channel, almost daring us. We had tried him once earlier in the week and failed. We found two other big ones but could not get hooked up to them. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you their coordinates. The coves around cow island seem to be teaming with them.

gatorstick

Thanks for the info.
Might have been the big one that hung out on the island across from the Jolly Gator. He finally got stupid & you were there to "educate" him.............

Harney is a tough place to hunt. Very good work!

PS
I don't advise to use only two fishing rods & a bangstick on a lizard this big. Always better to be lucky than good.

Bulldog22

Thanks for the info.
Might have been the big one that hung out on the island across from the Jolly Gator. He finally got stupid & you were there to "educate" him.............

Harney is a tough place to hunt. Very good work!

PS
I don't advise to use only two fishing rods & a bangstick on a lizard this big. Always better to be lucky than good.

It was stupid luck landing him. We were jamming back to the boat ramp and stumbled across this guy crossing the channel in front of us. He went under and one lucky cast hooked him up. Nobody even thought to grab the cross bow while we were wrestling this joker.

And you aint kidding about harney being tough. Last year on Lake Poinset I filled my tagsin about 5 hours of hunting. I am on night 5 at Harney, the gators are spookey.

gatorstick

It was stupid luck landing him.

I'll take "lucky" over "good" any day but "lucky" doesn't usually beat the law of averages............

Always be ready while on the water. We take many large "fringe" gators each season; at the landings, in the bushes, following other boats, behind a switchback corner, ect.
If you are ready with the correct dose of the right "medicine" when a good one makes a mistake..........

CamoCop

that's a good'n for sure! we usually get 1 a year hit by a vehicle on our roadways that go 13+ feet.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Congrats on a REALLY NICE Gator!! WOW, that must have been a blast!

HALOJmpr

Just south of the restaurant back towards Lake Monroe there is a split in the channel and a few houses to the left. On the island created by the split used to reside one of the biggest gators I've ever seen. Ever tried in that area????

Bulldog22

Just south of the restaurant back towards Lake Monroe there is a split in the channel and a few houses to the left. On the island created by the split used to reside one of the biggest gators I've ever seen. Ever tried in that area????

I'm not sure where your taking about. Toi get from lake monroe from the jolly gator you would have to travel north. Across Lake Harney, puzzle lake is south of lake harney and the jolly gator.

More details please, i have one tag left. :shoot: