Congrats!

WinMag.300

Congrats to the new AFCI casting instructors that certifired today! Robby_099, Myself, Derek Geldhauser, and James Thompson. Great achievement.

Bugeye

I've taught several people to cast but didn't know there was an AFCI. could you tell a little about them.
I can't cast anymore, but still like to read about it.

WinMag.300

Affi

AFCI and the FFF are two similar but different things. Adaptive fly casting certification is centered around helping people with minor to major disabilities. It is centered around therapeutic adaptive therapy. It entails a lot more than just casting as well. It is also a certification that provides an avenue to actually help a larger group of constituents in "need" or want of the therapy. My main reason for involvement in this program was for my disabled veteran grandfather whom would have loved to have an opportunity like this or a program like this to turn to.

Secondly I opted for this as well because of my employment and the program I am working with for my cancer wellness center at my Hospital for patients "free of charge" to enjoy adaptive therapy like Fly Fishing. Currently we already provide adaptive therapy like Horseback riding, cooking classes, Yoga, and many more.

If you would like any more info please refer to their website or just ask and I will answer if able.

Last edited:

WinMag.300

Clarification...

Just so everyone knows: I am a member of the FFF, and completely believe they are the most credible and professional entities in fly fishing today. The FFF certification and the FFF in general are the standard in the fly fishing industry and I do not want anyone to think I am against the FFF or any of their instructors. The FFF is awesome!