Nephilites

Gabassmaster

What do you guys know about them??? im not too familiar with it........ I know some claim they are "angel half breeds" but i just don't believe that. which i could be wrong so if yall know set me straight here cause i have been callin alot of folks crazy for believing this.:huh:

rjcruiser

Read Jude. Mentions them there.

Jeffriesw

Were you speaking in reference to Genesis chapter 6?

Increasing Corruption on Earth
1When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them, 2the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose. 3Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not abide ina man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.” 4The Nephilimb were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.

5The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6And the LORD was sorry that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart. 7So the LORD said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them.” 8But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD

Is this what you are talking about?

If so, Like RJ suggested read Jude carefully as well as 2nd Peter chapter 2.

Inthegarge

Funny it talks about them being MEN and nothing about Angels............HMMMMMMMMMMM

Gabassmaster

Were you speaking in reference to Genesis chapter 6?

Increasing Corruption on Earth
1When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them, 2the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose. 3Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not abide ina man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.” 4The Nephilimb were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.

5The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6And the LORD was sorry that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart. 7So the LORD said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them.” 8But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD

Is this what you are talking about?

If so, Like RJ suggested read Jude carefully as well as 2nd Peter chapter 2.

yes thanks

apoint

The fallen angels had human women and the offspring were Nephilim, giant's or very large people that were super human men of renown.

Inthegarge

How did spirit beings have sex with human beings ?? Scripture says " that which is flesh is flesh and that which is spirit is spirit"... Don't see anywhere where this would be possible.....

apoint

What happened to Jesus mother???
Son's of God are angels that had human women.
If it said Son's of man they would have been human.

Inthegarge

And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Looks like God's talking about men in verse 3..... Never read anywhere where angels were called " the Sons of God "....

Inthegarge

What happened to Jesus mother???

A Divine miracle ?? Or did it happen more often ?? If so where is it in scripture ?? Seems someone is reading a lot into a little... I have been warned about trying to build a Doctrine on a verse or two !!!

apoint

You just need to read it for what it says.
Son's of God are fallen angles.

apoint

And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Looks like God's talking about men in verse 3..... Never read anywhere where angels were called " the Sons of God "....

In red, God is talking about men who are the nephilim and regular humans also. All flesh.

apoint

Gen 6:4
Numbers 13:33

Inthegarge

Still don't see anything about angel have relations with women..... Only that MEN were not staying Godly and mixing with the UNGODLY............ Same problem throughout the OT

Lowjack

Still don't see anything about angel have relations with women..... Only that MEN were not staying Godly and mixing with the UNGODLY............ Same problem throughout the OT

There is no reference in the Hebrew Bible to Angels being the sons of God, As The NT reads ,"to which of his angels did he said you are my son ?" and my reply is to None.
Of Course these verses have cause many a controversy due to the translators not sticking to the Hebrew meanings, The Genesis account calls them Bene Elohim and so does Job Chapter one.
It was general knowledge to the Old Jewish sages that other creatures were called Bene Elohim , the angels are never called Bene Elohim, It is Enoch who writes about the Bene Elohim and their role in Chapter 6 and how they were held in a special place just for them.
It Enoch who visits them in this chambers of Prison and urges them to Worship Elohim Once again.
These were special beings created by God besides the Angels, we find references in Revelation to the Living Creatures , these are not angels and the Author does not mention them as Angels but rather special beings whom God loves dearly.

They might appear as men do with flesh and bones but not human.

Those who Study in Christian Churches are taught that Anything coming from heaven Must be in the Rank of Angels, apparently this is not so ,according to the Jewish Sages.
By The Way It is not Nephilites but The Word in Hebrew is Nephilim.

apoint

Main article: Nephilim
[edit] Second Temple Judaism
See also: Second Temple Judaism
In 1 Enoch and Book of Jubilees the Genesis 6 text was developed into a complicated mythology of fallen angels. The 2nd century BC Book of Enoch turns the "sons of God" into fallen angels, referred to as Watchers, who came to earth and had children with human women, resulting in a race of half-angel, half-human beings known as the "Giants" (Nephilim).[citation needed] The view is found in Philo[14] and in Josephus Antiquities 1:73 (or 1:3.1)[15].

However not all Jews accepted the angelic interpretation of Genesis 6. Rabbi Shimeon ben Yochai pronounced a curse on any Jew teaching the Enochite interpretation, and, later Trypho the Jew[16] rejected the interpretation. This was followed by Rashi and Nachmanides. Some commentators[17] on Luke 20:34-36 believe that Jesus was also familiar with the Enochic interpretation, and can be counted with Shimeon ben Yochai, since Jesus rejected that angels could marry and in the same passage equated the "sons of God" with humans.

[edit] Early Christianity

Gabassmaster

The part that is hard for me to understand is the fallen angels were followers of the devil right??? and the devil was cast out of heaven because he did not like the humans so why would the angels (who didnt like the humans) mate with them???

apoint

The part that is hard for me to understand is the fallen angels were followers of the devil right??? and the devil was cast out of heaven because he did not like the humans so why would the angels (who didnt like the humans) mate with them???

Hold on brother Bass. The devil was thrown out of heaven because he wanted to be like the most high God Allmighty, and some of the angles went with him.
The angles wanted the women the same as we do.
They nice to look at and scratch your back.

apoint

I just read the "complete Jewish Bible" and it reads very much like the King James. So as far as the Nephilim are considered, they were giants in the land... Also.In Job 1:6. Sons of God{ angles} came before God { in heaven} with Satan...
Job 2:1 again, Sons of God {angles}.
Job 38:7 Sons of God.
Daniel 3:25 again explained.
Hebrews 13:2 Again, Angles like men.
Numbers13:33 Saw the Nephilim who were giants, and we looked like grasshoppers....
Also angles have always been masculine figures.
More than enough info here to be sure that the Sons of God are angles, and the Nephilim are 1/2 breed giants....................

Last edited: