If Jesus Returned...

To all the Christians out there...

If Jesus returned today and walked up to you and told you who he was... would you believe him? Or would you require him to perform some sort of miracle or something? Would you require proof? After all, aren't you supposed to just have faith that this person is who he says he is?

ambush80

If Jesus returned today and walked up to you and told you who he was... would you believe him? Or would you require him to perform some sort of miracle or something? Would you require proof? After all, aren't you supposed to just have faith that this person is who he says he is?

I think all of us who are ready will know him time we see him.....

You mean like David Koresh or Charles Manson? They got some folks to believe.

I would need a miracle of grand proportions; not like one of those Chris Angel stunts.

stringmusic

You have smuggled in way to many assumptions in these questions.

stringmusic

You mean like David Koresh or Charles Manson? They got some folks to believe.
in a lie

I would need a miracle of grand proportions; not like one of those Chris Angel stunts.

it will be, if we are here to see it

Gabassmaster

if you need proof of Jesus when he comes... YOU never knew him.. those truely saved will know

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
There's no assumptions there at all. They're honest questions. If someone walked up to you and said they were Jesus, would you believe them?

Based on the post above: NO

stringmusic

Your first basic assumption is that He would have to tell me who He was and I wouldnt already know.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Well then why didn't people believe him when he was around the first time? He performed miracles right in front of them and they still didn't believe.

Some did. Some didn`t. Just as they do now.

If everyone believed him when he came the first time then the Lord's will would not have been processed. Jesus came to this earth to die on that cross. He knew that. That was the ultimate sacrifice that was made for me and YOU.

stringmusic

Well then why didn't people believe him when he was around the first time? He performed miracles right in front of them and they still didn't believe.

Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

Madman

I'll know Him.

John 10:3-6

3 The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5 But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.”

Madman

John 20:29

Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

jason4445

Over the years I have taken a couple of dozen to the nut house who were cracked up over religion and a few of those thought they were Jesus. One day driving back after listening to a guy rant for two hours and quote one Bible verse after another word for word I did wonder if the real Jesus ever came would we put him in the nut house.

I am not a believer in the second coming of Jesus-and if I am wrong and he did come I sincerely believe he would take a long look around, head back to heaven in distress and tell God "I gave them one law to follow - Do unto others, and they can't even do that - what they have created for themselves on earth is a worse He!! than anything we could come up with - just let them be.

I'll know Him.

John 10:3-6

3 The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5 But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.”

Let's take that "But they will never follow a stranger" section. So how do you explain, as mentioned above, David Koresh? How do you explain the people who claim to be Jesus? There's even one in the documentary Religulous who says he is Jesus. Perhaps some of you should watch that movie and see the points that some of your opposition makes. Here's the trailer for your viewing enjoyment...

Madman

Let's take that "But they will never follow a stranger" section. So how do you explain, .......................................

I don't have to explain anything. I did not follow David K.

I WILL KNOW HIS VOICE!