Fresh sheath inlay material

Razor Blade

I got to work this morning, my dad was already there and sitting in the office , as usual. When my guys that work for me got there at 7 , it was still early light. My air compressor is in between the buildings , even less light. When the young man goes to turn the compressor on , it sounded as if the whole wide world was coming down between the buildings . He had found the snake my dad had left for him to find, after turning on the compressor , and turning around to walk out , there it was , a nice plump , big-ole-snake, I think its a copperhead, or could be a water moc. He was screaming and hitting everything around him. He managed to " kill " the snake again. He came out with the snake , on a stick . Well , i thought that would make a couple nice inlays for some sheaths , and here are a couple pic's . This thing was 37 inches long and had 37 babies in her. I got it nailed to a board now, and brushing it down with some glycerin and alcohol. We will see how it turns out in a few days. Scott

Attachments

• 2011-09-01 07.36.53.jpg
    2011-09-01 07.36.53.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 236
  • snake1.jpg
    snake1.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 258
  • snake2.jpg
    snake2.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 237

joe sangster

I agree with godogs57, Scott . Might make you hurt yourself but not by poison ! Should look pretty in a sheath though. It was amazing how many little ones she had--lot of happy frogs asmiling !

wvdawg

Staff member
What a dirty trick! But funny too!:hair:

Lots of babies there Scott - why don't you skin them all and use them to lace up the sheath you make from momma?:huh:

Razor Blade

What a dirty trick! But funny too!:hair:

Lots of babies there Scott - why don't you skin them all and use them to lace up the sheath you make from momma?:huh:

That would be too much work. Besides they are already gone. The snake had just been ran over as we got to work, or we probably would not have messed with it. Scott