Oconee Cat Tourney

krazywayne

Just curious ...... when is there gonna be one and if not one scheduled... how about let's try to get one on the horizon? Never fished one and would love it!

Sultan of Slime

Last few years the cat tourneys havent gone over so well during deer season. Very little participation. I am working on a small 2012 tourney series on oconee and sinclair but nothing else this year.

krazywayne

Awesome Sultan, looks like you been having some good luck on Sinclair lately. Chad and I have been doing pretty decent up on Oconee too. Tight Lines Sir!

brother hilljack

Don't forget to check out the HillJack tournaments.We will start the new year in Feb!

Nuttin Better

Why don't Hilljack, Sultan, Chad and Andy and anyone else that may be interested all get together and put together some tournaments together for next year. Spread the schedule out over a year and on different bobies of water across the State. Do some river fishing, lake fishing and add some new areas. Maybe even look at a Georgia Catfish Club. I have some friends in North Carolina that have a club, NC Cats. They are very active, have monthly meetings, monthly touranments, keep points for each tournament and do a lot to promote catfishing in the State. What do yall think?

brother hilljack

The idea is a good one and myself and ole Joseph talked about it a couple years ago. Problem is getting everyone's schedule together.

What does everyone else think?

Currently I direct the HillJack tournament series which consumes 9 of my weekends in 2012.

I am also the point of contact for the Big Cat Quest when it comes to Columbus in April and I am the organizer of what will be one of the biggest events of 2012 when City of Columbus host their first "Super" event in November of next year.

Don't sound like too much until you add in that I try to fish at least another 4-5 national level events across the TN and OH valley. Don't leave much time for the family

Not complaining here, because your idea will become reality once I get a little more time on my hands. My career following the Army will be hosting/organizing these events and I am very excited to get it done.

Sultan has done some work in this area as well and it did not seem well received in central GA so I fear there are some challenges there and no one down in the southeast has ever (to my knowledge) chimed in on such an event. I know Jesup(wayne county) host their Flathead killing event, but I will not partake in that.