question about contamination

JonathonJEB

I just caught a skunk yesterday, and i did a remake of that set with my tools. Now my bag and all my tools smell like skunk. Do I need to get new tools or clean everything I have or do nothing?

Barehunter

Gone But Not Forgotten
I always have two sets of tools...clean tools and remake tools. If you don't have two sets, now might be a good time to get new stuff for clean tools and let the old ones be remake tools. Otherwise you have got to clean everything and that will probably require boiling to get that skunk smell off.

childers

I don't have two sets of tools. That's to much to lug around for me. I just clean everything. Maybe some baking soda then rinse them off. Then let them get some dirt scent.

JonathonJEB

Thanks alot for the info

Tider79

Here's a recipe for a solution that removes skunk scent.
1 quart of hydrogen peroxide
¼ cup of baking soda
1 teaspoon of dish soap
Combine the ingredients at the time of use. This solution works to remove skunk odor because of a chemical reaction initiated immediately upon combining the ingredients. If it sits for too long, it will become ineffective.

Apply the mixture, let it set for about five minutes and rinse. If you need to repeat the process, you must create a new solution, as the chemical reaction quickly expires.