puppy wormer

Boarhawg

what do yall worm puppies 2week old with i just dont like the nemex and was looking for something different

grouper throat

Safeguard possibly. All the other white liquid wormers will normally have pyrantel pamoate and will be the same active ingredient as Nemex. I just use Nemex and switch to Safeguard when they turn 5-6 weeks. The safeguard marketed for goats, not that kind marketed for dogs.

pine nut

Nemex is probably the safest at that age, but you should have an accurate baby scale to get an accurate body weight on the pups. Most people just guess at the weight. All Dewormers are poisons! the trick is to kill the worms and not the pups! Most young pups suffer from hook worms and or round worms. Later they may evidence whip worms and tape worms infestationss, maybe 4 to 6 months old or older. These two latter mentioned worms will require different wormers. Everyone should get a proper body weight before doseing out any medicine. Many times a dog survives in spite of us, rather than on account of us. Just food for thought.

Wormer will do nothing for a pup with coccidia! Takes a different approach, and giardia takes still a different medication. If they are pups you really care about go see a vet, and realize that some of these are difficult to diagnose without a bit of luck on a single visit. Yes it costs a bit, but it will be well worth it. If your Nemex isn't working it could be one of these other problems

Boarhawg

didnt say nemex wasnt working i just dnt like it and was wonder what else was out there i give my big dogs ivemc and valbazen but was just wanting something diff than nemex for my pups and i dnt have coccidia and i know how to treat that with albon i have rasied a pile of dogs just wanted to see what others was using as puppy wormers thanks

Boarhawg

grouper-throat what doseage and how often do you give the safe gaurd i have used it for my bigger dogs in the past the safe gaurd horse wormer given 3 days in a row

grouper throat

It has the suggested dosage on the bottle. I think it's 1/10 cc per 10 lbs. You can use a insulin syringe (convert CC to IU) and have an accurate measurment for it.

Nemex is safe at that age and I know some 'not so accurate' guys who overdose with nemex on young pups without detrimental effects.

Safeguard possibly. All the other white liquid wormers will normally have pyrantel pamoate and will be the same active ingredient as Nemex. I just use Nemex and switch to Safeguard when they turn 5-6 weeks. The safeguard marketed for goats, not that kind marketed for dogs.

X2....make sure u give the safeguard 3 days in a row..