Falcons draft

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
I read where Seattle , New Orleans and the Raiders were all trying to move up to take Penix

Whitefeather

Management Material
Thanks. Maybe not a horrible pick but they had other needs for sure.
He’s 36 coming off a torn Achilles injury. It’s like they expect him to get hurt again.

Falcons suck from top down and in all directions. They just passed on 2 All American defensive players to get a project DT from Clemson

Resica

He’s 36 coming off a torn Achilles injury. It’s like they expect him to get hurt again.

Falcons suck from top down and in all directions. They just passed on 2 All American defensive players to get a project DT from Clemson
Wonder why they would pay Cousins so much at that age and after an injury. Nuts.

Whitefeather

Management Material
Wonder why they would pay Cousins so much at that age and after an injury. Nuts.
Mainly because it’s a win now deal because the division is terrible. The Penix pick is definitely a head scratcher after signing him. Arthur Blank is a buffoon and thinks selling football is like selling 2x4s. He’s Jerry Jones 2.0

Resica

Mainly because it’s a win now deal because the division is terrible. The Penix pick is definitely a head scratcher after signing him. Arthur Blank is a buffoon and thinks selling football is like selling 2x4s. He’s Jerry Jones 2.0
Obviously the money spent has no issue with him, like most NFL owners. Some franchises seem to be smarter with spending though.

James12

Unless they win a SB, Cousin's is probably only here for 2 years. After another cap adjustment that money won’t be as dead as it looks. Hard to believe they didn’t get him later and try and get the LB from AL or a DE.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
The Raiders got the steal of the draft in picking up Brock Bowers, but he won't have much of a QB to throw to him if all they have is Gardner Minshew. The Falcons could have had Bowers if they'd been smart.
I'm not sure what the Falcons were thinking unless they have a multi year plan to work Penix into the QB spot under Cousin's tutelage.
Talent and injury prone wise, there were a lot better players available they could have used or just picked up to trade for what they need.

Last edited:

Oldstick

The Falcons and Kirk C. may already have a top-secret provision in their contract. Options to promote him into a major offensive coach/coordinator role, maybe even head coach at any time the management chooses. :huh:

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
This draft with either make this regime look like geniuses or it’ll take this team to an all time low, and that’s hard to do

Whitefeather

Management Material
I think the Cousins signing was strictly an Arthur Blank decision. His arrogance and ego is clouding his knowledge of running a NFL franchise. And this is not the first stupid decision that he has made.

James12

I get TD made some crazy moves as GM, but TD was much better than TF imo.

TD and Shannahan were the combo Blank missed on.