overseed with...

tail_slider3d

The deer/ hogs have wiped out my ICP. Only stems left. Im gonna watch the weather for the next.big.chance.of rain to overseed. What do suggest I use?

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
Wheat & crimson clover ..... simple cheap & easy

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I agree with the recomendation of wheat. I dont usually spend the money on clover seed when doing the fall overseed.

Jeff Phillips

Rape/purple tops does good when top seeded and will be great for late season.

bandit819

I would mix oats, wheat, purple top turnips and crimson clover. Pigs might get the turnips later in winter but deer will get everything else and the clover will help in the spring.

bander_TC50

I dont do it because of the expense of clover seed, and the fact that I plow up my plots and plant twice a season.

oh, ok, i thought i might be messing up cause im planting clover this weekend and didn't want to me waisting my time.

win280

oh, ok, i thought i might be messing up cause i'm planting clover this weekend and didn't want to me wasting my time.
If you are planting crimson or another annual clover you can plow in a summer food plot.Crimson and wheat usually head out in May /June if we leave the plot alone we get a lot of crimson reseeding in the fall. We are working toward having all perriennial clover so all we have to do is spray for weeds in the spring and again in Sept.We overseed with wheat by just spreading it on top of the ground before a rain.However if you are planting a perriennial clover you have to be careful not to plow it under for a summer plot.

hunter dan

Went today to mow and get ready to replant still had a pretty
good stand of clover should I leave alone and plant my oaks around?

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
If you have a pretty good stand and the deer are in it ..... I'd leave it for sure!

bander_TC50

well i planted a mix of clover, oats, and brasicas hopefully it will grow and stay active throughout the season and into spring. if my clover mix comes up good i will be going to a perinial clover.