Lakota Digital Trail Cam

McFLY

Just bought a new digi trail cam. I am having problems getting the settings straight. I got it to work one time with the 10 second delay. I changed to 1 minute delay and can't it to take a photo. The red light comes on and the dim green light blinks but does not take a pic???

Do you change the settings with the sensor box on or off??? I have been changing settings with the box off?? Does that matter?? ::huh:

The walk test is very important isn't it???

Last edited:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
McFly, you should change the settings with the unit off, but should always switch it off and on again to reset it. Contact Anthony and he will help you out with your issues.

Jim

LAKOTA

Hey McFly,

Shoot me an email and I'll get you fixed up. Get ahead of the game and let me know the exact settings you have the unit on (delay time, night/day operation, leds off/on, etc.).

--

Meriwether Mike

Make sure you are reading the switch positions right on the diagrams. I had mine set wrong and had the same problem. I am game cam challenged. :D

McFLY

Flash won't work!!

I have the cam working now but the flash will not go off.. It worked a few times when I first tested it. All my settings are just like when it came out the box. All the switches are up except the last one. The camera will flash when I disconnect it from the box and use it like a regular digi camera. I did change a few settings on the actual camera. The settings I changed were the ones reccomended for faster shutter time. HELP!!! :cool:

LAKOTA

Al,

Are you sure that the camera needs the flash when inside the housing? Take it to a darker place to test. The unit senses whether or not the flash is needed and it's possible that it is not needed in the lighting your testing in.

McFLY

Flash

I tried it in a dark room and still did not work. Now when I use just the camera by itself, the flash goes off???

LAKOTA

hmmmm... That's a new one on me.

Are you positive that the camera takes a picture (without the flash) when inside the housing? There is no connection between the sensor and the cameras flash and it should have no bearing on the flash operation at all. The camera should take pictures exactly the same whether connected to the sensor and inside the housing or not.

For the heck of it, check and make sure you have the black connector between the camera and sensor is plugged in correctly. It is a one-way connector.

McFLY

I'll try agian tonight. I have disconnected the black connector when trying the camera by itself. I am sure I have connected it back snuggly. Like I said, it worked once when I first tried it out. It will take pictures in the housing box but without the flash. I'll test it out again tonight. Thanks...