Redlands

ryanwhit

you will hear lots of birds and they are not call shy. they gobble all day there and really like very aggressive calling.

oldugahat

I've done a little scouting you think I'll hear birds in there and are they all call shy? Ain't never hunted public land

I've hunted that place for years and learned a TON about turkey hunting on Redlands. The main reason I learned so much was because of how hard it was to call and kill birds there. More often than not, when you are on Redlands, there are birds around. Unless they are jakes, they have heard it all and seen it all. They are extremely wary, even when they do come in. I killed several birds at 40 yards that were skirting by me to check out the situation without coming straight in. Yes you will hear birds gobbling, and yes they have the potential to gobble all day long, but aggressive calls will (more than likely) call in hunters before longbeards. It's a great place to hunt, great place to sharpen your tactics for private land, and the challenge makes it all that much more gratifying when you're successful.

Luke0927

I've hunted that place for years and learned a TON about turkey hunting on Redlands. The main reason I learned so much was because of how hard it was to call and kill birds there. More often than not, when you are on Redlands, there are birds around. Unless they are jakes, they have heard it all and seen it all. They are extremely wary, even when they do come in. I killed several birds at 40 yards that were skirting by me to check out the situation without coming straight in. Yes you will hear birds gobbling, and yes they have the potential to gobble all day long, but aggressive calls will (more than likely) call in hunters before longbeards. It's a great place to hunt, great place to sharpen your tactics for private land, and the challenge makes it all that much more gratifying when you're successful.

I missed one there late late season last year, he was gobbling at anything around noon time, I set up for a straight on shot but he came in slipping around the edges...tired to get the swing on him but he got me.

bhdawgs

You have to hunt them like deer at Redlands. Dont call too much and dont call too loud and your chances will increase... patience is key there..