Atheist minister

centerpin fan

drippin' rock

People are weird. Even I can agree that "churches should stop worshiping God" is as retarded a statement as there ever was. There is no such thing as an atheist minister. That's what I think anyway.

drippin' rock

Ok, I just read the article. I agree with most of her philosophy, but also agree she should not be in that church. And what I said above.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Right person in the wrong place.
Who makes up her congregation?

Israel

BANNED
People are weird. Even I can agree that "churches should stop worshiping God" is as retarded a statement as there ever was. There is no such thing as an atheist minister. That's what I think anyway.

LOL..@ people are weird. I used to think I had to look past my nose for it...

For me..."being" is well, kinda weird...I never done it before.

Israel

BANNED
“I am not interested in remaining in a church that won’t accept me,” she said.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
“I am not interested in remaining in a church that won’t accept me,” she said.

That line slayed me too.
Lady, what did you expect!?!?!?

drippin' rock

LOL..@ people are weird. I used to think I had to look past my nose for it...

For me..."being" is well, kinda weird...I never done it before.

I believe most of us here are fully self aware and have spent a good deal of time comtemplating our place in the universe. I, for example, know I am imperfect and am wrong at least twice a day?. When I say something like "People are weird", I am not stating that I perceive myself any less weird than the next guy. I'm curious what propels you to so often add that cadveat to your posts?

WaltL1

I question her integrity.
Seems to me the honest thing to do is the moment she embraced Atheism is to pack your bags and leave the church. Unless of course she didnt want to lose the use of the building, the audience, no rent and any other perks there may be.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Lots of ministers preach "what would Jesus do", but few if any actually live it.
I cannot imagine she is in it to spread whatever word she wants spread without personal gain.

Israel

BANNED
I believe most of us here are fully self aware and have spent a good deal of time comtemplating our place in the universe. I, for example, know I am imperfect and am wrong at least twice a day?. When I say something like "People are weird", I am not stating that I perceive myself any less weird than the next guy. I'm curious what propels you to so often add that cadveat to your posts?
What does fully self aware mean?

Israel

BANNED
Your question was predicated upon your, and perhaps some others, being fully self aware. I don't know what that means to you.

660griz

What does fully self aware mean?

You have public self awareness.(How others view you. You may act different to fit in.)

Private self awareness(You look in the mirror and go, I am getting old) and
self consciousness (public and private) (Do these pants make my behind look fat) No, your behind looks fat regardless, etc..
Starts to develop around the age of 1.