Banned From Church

jneil

Marriage is a 50/50 commitment. At my house my wife tells me what to do and I do it. See 50/50.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
One other thing to add: There is a third role for man. That is "head of the household". I personally have failed miserably at this in the past. I have pushed some things on my wife and strained our marriage at times by being "lazy" and letting her "handle it" and not giving the support I should. I am better than I was and am still growing here. Way too easy to come home from work and plop down on that easy chair.

I think all of male gender can do better if they just would, and mostly with two person working households if the man would put morte into the day to day marraiges would last a lifetime not just till the kids are grown.

Amen to both of those posts!:cool:

P

PJason

The Church is led by the Pastor. The Deacons are only servants and are under the Pastor's guidance and leadership. They are to handle the more mundane things (pay the electric bill, make sure the lawn is mowed, help with benevolence, etc) in the Church so that the Pastor can focus on being a Pastor. The Church "votes" on the mundane issues. That is all.

Thank you for the answer.

I don’t really know if it is or isn’t Biblical, I was just being facetious.

Suppose the Pastor believes a particular doctrine, say he believes that babies must be baptized. Then suppose that 85% of the congregation disagrees with him, they say no babies should not be baptized. Does the congregation vote on it, or does the Pastor say sorry but that's the way it is?

How do they or you in your church resolve doctrinal issues?

60Grit

Were the family, social, external dynamics of living the same in New Testament days, as they are now???

If so, how is so much weight given to the post Jesus New Testament, which is all from the memory and handed down stories of humans??

Why is not more weight given to the visions and messages directly from God, written about in the Old Testament all of the way through Jesus life on earth.

Seems all of the trouble began with what folks are calling gospel, that was hand me down information.

PWalls

Thank you for the answer.

I don’t really know if it is or isn’t Biblical, I was just being facetious.

Suppose the Pastor believes a particular doctrine, say he believes that babies must be baptized. Then suppose that 85% of the congregation disagrees with him, they say no babies should not be baptized. Does the congregation vote on it, or does the Pastor say sorry but that's the way it is?

How do they or you in your church resolve doctrinal issues?

Either the Pastor leaves or the people go find another Church.

Hunting Teacher

Church discipline is a must.
Matthew 18 needs to be followed and all within the church can not be above it.

Church disciplines goal must be for the restoration of the sinner and the protection of the flock, not just the removal of an annoyance.

As with all things scripture must be the guide and it must be done out of love for the savior and for His people.

Amen!
That will preach right there!