How High

THREEJAYS

I seem to remember a similar thread , but I was talking to a friend the other day about how high he climbs.I was just wondering what is the highest you've ever climbed deer hunting?

hwy22

highest is about 45 to 50. My uncle says am up higher than the crows lite.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
How high?

Too old to remember, but these days, Popup...:flag:

Arrow3

As high as I can go when rifle hunting....About 60 ft has been my max...

kevincox

I have been up as high as 50ft on a ridge that made you feel like you were 100ft high. I didn't stay there long after I saw how high I was when it got daylight!

7Mag Hunter

I like to go as high as possible...Even carry compact limb
saw and snips to trim limbs as I go....
Always use safety harness and bungies or ratchet straps to
make sure stand is secure to tree....
Not uncommon at all to go 40 ft....Just make sure to
select a straight and sturdy tree....

Sky High

I like to take my .300 mag, binocs and NVG's to the top of the Fire Tower at Cedar Creek at night..........it's amazing what you can see up there.....:cool:

Booner Killa

I usually don't go higher than about 30-40 ft although I've been probably 50 before. I like to be comfortable when I hunt and when I'm that high, I just can't seem to relax like I can at the 35ft range. When bowhunting which I do mostly, I usually get about 18-22 ft.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Bow - 20-25

Gun - 30-35

Greg Tench

20 ft maybe 25 depending on the canopy or understory during bow season. 30 ft during gun hunts. To me and where I hunt thats plentyhigh enough.

01Foreman400

Staff member
Bow 15-20 ft

Gun to the point where I can see the most

Higher does not always equal seeing more.

Darrell

scott mclain

Maybe it is just where I hunt but it seems that the higher I go the less I can see. Everytime I think I want to get high to see a good ways the higher I get the more dissapointed with visability I get. I tend to stay in that 20ft range.

merc123

Highest I've been had to be about 75 feet. Reason I say about is I had 150 feet of "camp cord" as I lowered my gun down the thingy fell out of my pouch. I completely lowered my gun and the other end of the cord was dangling half way up the tree. 1/2 of 150 feet is 75. My usual is 20-30 feet.

THREEJAYS

Highest I've been had to be about 75 feet. Reason I say about is I had 150 feet of "camp cord" as I lowered my gun down the thingy fell out of my pouch. I completely lowered my gun and the other end of the cord was dangling half way up the tree. 1/2 of 150 feet is 75. My usual is 20-30 feet.

Did you have any trouble w/clouds::ke: just kidding

RBaldree

How high?

Let me start by saying if it wasn't a tree lounge, I wouldn't have the confidence to do this.

I hunt between 45 and 50 feet. I use a 50 foot long pull rope for my backpack and rifle, and in the dark I tie one end to my stand and clip the other end to my backpack, and then climb until the rope pulls tight!

I adjust this to conditions of course, but given the visibility into the surrounding area, that's where I prefer to be.

Robert