Who's using the same bow?

Big Foot

Bought my Switchback XT new and still love it wouldn't need anything else I suppose - I see these guys getting new bows yearly, just don't see why

Who else I suppose shooting their original bow?

Pilgrim

Shooting my Bowtech Allegiance - it's from 2006 or 2007. Thinking about starting to save up for a new bow for 2020.

GeorgiaGlockMan

I still have my original bow: a bear recurve. It still shoots.

I have a hoyt vtech (my first compound bow). I could never sell it. Too many memories attached. I shoot it occasionally but it needs restrung.

I also have a 2010 or 2011 hoyt C.E. that I am pretty attached to.

I never followed the thinking behind the "can't wait to buy this year's new bow crowd".

uturn

Still shootin my D350 and loving it...and most of the prior ones are still hangin!

Although, I have given several away as starter kits for Newbies over the years...

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
I still bowfish with the Bear Super Grizzly I got back in 1968 or 69. It shoots as good now as it did back then.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
The boy hunts with my PSE from the late 90s ... I still hunt with my 02 Hoyt and love it... The pressure on purchasing the latest and greatest technology is only greater if you are shopping for a computer... Just saying!

rstallings1979

Started bowhunting in 2013. Purchased a Hoyt Vector. I killed a couple of deer with it and then shot an obsession in 2014. I had to have one and I have been shooting it ever since. I will not change any time soon. I can't see how it can get any better to be honest.

Kris87

I just like working on and understanding cam systems so I often get bows just to figure them out and sell them shortly after.

GAGE

GONetwork Member
I am using the same MQ1 that I bought new right before I got married 18 and half years ago. It still has the Muzzy Zero Effect on it, but I do change the sights every few years.
I would like to have a new Elite in Vias Camo though.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
I've only owned two bows. PSE Baby G which I just parted with and still shooting my Z7 extreme. Smooth and quiet. No need to change. I guess when they make one to shoot 350fps at 50lb draw I will change.:bounce:

Luke0927

I started Bow hunting around 13 or 14 somewhere in there 31 now, so went through several bows. But bought a switchback new when Mathews released them, I've re-strung it several times but it is a killer so I have never let go of it.

Last edited:

j_seph

Bought my Switchback XT new and still love it wouldn't need anything else I suppose - I see these guys getting new bows yearly, just don't see why

Who else I suppose shooting their original bow?
Never understood this phenomenon, I have xxxxx bow, I have killed numerous deer with it. Since it is 2 years old (some 1 year old) I will take a loss by selling or trading it to get the latest technology, get it setup with new sights and such, practice to get to where I am good with it. Go kill some deer, then do it all over again, in a year or two taking another loss, when I could have kept the same bow, still killed deer, not lost time getting the others setup, and saved some money to use elsewhere.

NUTT

I say you only live once and if buying you a new bow is what you WANT to do then get it. If you WANT to keep your old one for years then keep it. I'm just pumped we all get to chase whatever animals fires us up and come here and talk about it.

Kris87

I took a look at that thread and it made me laugh. I don't get caught up in what other people spend their money on or choose not to spend their money on. After all, its their money. Its just the way of the internet to judge others these days....sad.

Brewskis

Click on the dead horse being beaten to see what everyone said a month ago ---> :deadhorse:

Sure, last year's/decade's bow will kill deer. I seriously doubt anyone would say a new bow each year is a necessity. As mentioned above, archery is a year-round hobby for some which includes tinkering with a new bow. I say let people spend their money the way they want to.

I just bought another bow, but in this case, it's not the newest 2017 model. I'd been wanting to try out a Nitrum 34 (which was only made in 2015). I finally found a lightly used one with my specs, and will be tinkering with it once the season ends.