Ancient man

gordon 2

Farming started around 10,000 bc. Adam was a farmer and the other homids were extinct at that time.

10000 yrs ago puts it right at the cusp of the last ice age!

Perhaps there is something to the saying, "Necessity is the mother of invention." For yrs after this date...there was lots of free tilled land for anyone with seeds. From delta to mountain-coastal valley... there was a surplus supply of organically rich soil and fish and less squirrels, wild grapes, buffalo etc... then in the old days...

Last edited:

hobbs27

we have homoerectus and nethanderthols then us. Who was created in God's image?

Here's a simple question that may help you understand.. What does it mean to be created in God's image?

Artfuldodger

10000 yrs ago puts it right at the cusp of the last ice age!

Perhaps there is something to the saying, "Necessity is the mother of invention." For yrs after this date...there was lots of free tilled land for anyone with seeds. From delta to mountain-coastal valley... there was a surplus supply of organically rich soil and fish and less squirrels, wild grapes, buffalo etc... then in the old days...

Maybe the last ice age was like a great flood that killed everything. Perhaps in that episode all man was killed.

Artfuldodger

Actually, you just gave everyone a compliment. Not sure if you realize it or not.

Think about it, and then I`ll clarify it. :)

I think they were one of the first to have religion. They believed in a sacred world and buried their dead. I wonder if they believed in an afterlife?

Anyway, interesting to see where you are going with this.

gordon 2

Maybe the last ice age was like a great flood that killed everything. Perhaps in that episode all man was killed.

Nope. Canadians put on their parkas and rode the ice to Virginy. Jigged for strippers of the ice flows of Carolina, dug clams and scallops off Chesapeake and then when the Brits hit the coast they beat their way back to Ottawa.... by way of Montana... :)

Last edited:

gordon 2

I think they were one of the first to have religion. They believed in a sacred world and buried their dead. I wonder if they believed in an afterlife?

Anyway, interesting to see where you are going with this.
How do you know this is what the enigmatic thinks? Did you private message or sumtin.

Last edited:

gordon 2

There is a gap in time before Adam the bible doesn't address.

Yea... it does address it but it is mostly cloudy--as in vapored H2O. It is just suspended out there.

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. ]And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light..

It is an edit... but it is there... the period is covered by :

And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Like a good news reporter (Breitbart et al... and Fox...) ... Moses edited to show up what he deemed most important for his audience...

Last edited:

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Yea... it does address it but it is mostly cloudy--as in vapored H2O. It is just suspended out there.

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. ]And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light..

It is an edit... but it is there... the period is covered by :

And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Like a good news reporter (Breitbart et al... and Fox...) ... Moses edited to show up what he deemed most important for his audience...

So 2 or 3 questions come to mind...

1. How could there have been plant life, animal life or any life without light before day 1?

2. How could there have been light without creation of the sun and moon?

3. How do you clarify the existence of the earth, water, etc with Genesis 20.11?

gordon 2

1. How could there have been plant life, animal life or any life without light before day 1?

3. How do you clarify the existence of the earth, water, etc with Genesis 20.11?

Good point. Your thinking photosynthesis which is good thinking. But Gordo thinks the light here is a type of light which will become evident as not the light of photosynthesis at all, or sunshine, but a light emanating from God Himself... as is explained in the last chapters of Revelations.

But Gordo could be all mixed up... on this. It has happened in the past. But Gordon thinks that creation was not only a physical creation but also a spiritual one.... but alas! I could be incorrect... But if I'm correct the light is more than radiation from the sun. I take the poets in this: Light! The sun makes plants and apples green, and the deer with them unseen and seen, and seen and unseen the hunter dreams day and night.

Last edited:

gordon 2

20:11? I'm not getting your point...

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Was there a human existence before Adam?

you are going to get several different answers on this question. It is for sure and certain, that most will be wrong, and possibly all of them could be wrong.

The only way I can come down on this question is to refer back to the Bible, as I hold the Bible to be true and correct in every area it addresses. Having said that, the Bible simply doesn't address some issue.

This question boils down to whether you believe what is plainly spelled out in the Bible, or if you wish to make the words of the Bible match up with "science" of today.

If you take the Bible to be the authority, and you look at Genesis 20:11, then read Genesis 1 and 2 with the thought that Genesis 20:11 must be true, there is only one conclusion

There was nothing here, not time, space, or matter. God spoke it all into existence, and created everything in 6 literal 24 hour days. There was no human or humanoid species on earth before that creation, because there was no earth.

Now that is where I come down, but someone will be along shortly to explain how simple I am to believe what is written, and how if you torture the original text enough, you can see how the earth is millions and millions of years old, and all this other stuff was here before God "recreated" the earth for humans.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
20:11? I'm not getting your point...

your earlier post said there was a gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:3 where Gods spirit moved on the waters.

Genesis 20:11 doesn't allow for any time span that was not accounted for between 1:1 and today.

20:11 says all things were created in 6 literal days, with no time gap.

For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

You can't have creation in 1:1, a gap of time, and then finishing of creation if there is only 6 days, and those 6 days are accounted in the text.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
it's speculation

It's not speculation, it is all in who you choose to believe.

You can take scripture and believe that God is big enough and powerful enough to convey to us how He created things, or you can believe that God had to hide, shadow and deceive the facts from us so what we could only believe a bit of what He said in scripture, and that we have to depend on the ever changing opinions of science to come to the right conclusions as to what really happened.