How many Years have you been Deer hunting

swamp hunter

Me , I,m at about 35 or so..maybe 40 years.
Started real young toting a gun around the woods but not many deer back them.:cry:
No Leases and paying to hunt was crazy.:eek:
Got serious about it maybe 25 years ago..Cost me a bunch but I slowed down on Women so it's break even now..:love:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Somewhere between 35 and 40.

transfixer

My dad first took me when I was 14, took my first doe at 16, got serious about it after that, so technically 42yrs, since I turned 56 couple weeks ago, but I don't consider myself really into it until I turned 16, so 40yrs this year.

meatseeker

Bout 33 years. Can't imagine the total hours I've sat in the woods. It'd be scary. But lots worse things I could've been doin than hunting

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I'll be 39 next week. I believe I killed my first deer when I was 12, so 27 years or so.

red neck richie

Me , I,m at about 35 or so..maybe 40 years.
Started real young toting a gun around the woods but not many deer back them.:cry:
No Leases and paying to hunt was crazy.:eek:
Got serious about it maybe 25 years ago..Cost me a bunch but I slowed down on Women so it's break even now..:love:

I started small game hunting about 8 years old. I didn't start deer hunting until age 25. I'm now 48 so 23 years. I was fortunate enough to marry a women that supports my passion. Or maybe she just wants to get me out of the house so she can go shopping? Either way were cool with what makes each other happy.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
50 ty years this year. Started with 410 slug at 6 or 7 in 1st grade.
They would set me by atree and come get me a few hours later.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Started hunting deer the first year my home county had a season. 1968. I was 13. So that means 49 years for me. I still get excited like I did then.

Red Arrow

Wow, never really thought about it. Hard to believe I have been at it 41 years... Sure seems like it went fast.

UGATurkey

It is going to be 30 this year.

Deernut3

Been going for 41 years and I'm 46. I killed my first with a gun at 11 and the bow at 12, got real serious about it at around 16.

bear claw

bearded driveler
This will be my 21st deer season I'm very thankful for a father that started me young in the woods I wouldn't want it any other way still can't sleep the night before opening morning

Mexican Squealer

never thought about it. 31 seasons. Started when I was 15. Come from a long line of bird hunters. Love it all and am grateful for it.

Stroker

44 years this year.

whitetailfreak

I'm 39, and I was big game hunting the mountains of Gilmer County at age 10. A friend of my grandpa owned a cabin bordered by CNF and those hills were a second home from Oct-Dec.

Last edited:

RossVegas

I see all yalls posts, 20,30,40 etc. I'm 50 years old. My dad never took us hunting. His idea of gun safety was...."Boy you touch that gun I'll whoop your" you get the idea. My friends and I squirrel hunted with BB Guns, but didn't take up Deer hunting till about 8 or 9 years ago. I started teaching my kids( now 7 and 10) to shoot when they were 5 years old. Haven't started them hunting yet, took them with me a couple times, but they neither one seem to interested in going themselves yet, Hopefully soon.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
27. for whatever reason dad didnt pass me a shotgun until i was 13. They hadnt invented sitting in a house with dad and a youth rifle back then, atleast we didnt think. he turned me loose with 20 guage slugs at 13. said "you hunt that side of the road, i'll hunt this side, see you at dark. if you shoot i'll come a runnin'". And that was that. Took me 2 years of boppin around on the ground in the pine thickets to pop a spike. come a long way since then. Thanks for the opportunity to reflect.

alligood729

This season marks 38yrs. Never had a zero season, killed a ton in the last 37yrs. Very fortunate to have started in a county and on a farm where they were plentiful. Farmer made it clear, "shoot'em or I'll let someone else in there that will"....he hated deer. So I shot'em.....and we ate'em...