Texas church shooter was a militant atheist

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
http://nypost.com/2017/11/06/ex-friends-say-shooter-was-creepy-atheist-who-berated-religious-people/

Texas church shooter Devin Kelley was a “creepy” atheist “outcast” who never fit in and berated religious believers on social media, according to former friends and classmates

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4851812/texas-church-shooting-gunman-devin-kelley-facebook/

“He was always talking about how people who believe in God were stupid and trying to preach his atheism.”

Presented without comment.

Last edited:

ky55

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

He was also in the military, does that make you connected to him?

Every individual is labeled as something.
For the most part, they do not represent all.

Don't make us have to show examples of Christians that were killers just to show your hypocrisy.

Most often a killer is a killer and just so happens to also be an atheist, christian, muslim, buddhist, etc.
Much the same as victims are victims who also happen to be an atheist or part of a religious affiliation.

Depending upon how far you want break things down, we can link any individual to a label and erroneously blame that label for their actions. But it is the actions of the individual rhat define them.

Take your constant trouble making posts posts for example.....you must be an atheist, or christian, or american citizen, or a son, or a father, or a male, or a democrat , or a republican or.................

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Most often a killer is a killer and just so happens to also be an atheist, christian, muslim, buddhist, etc.

Very true!!! (Let's just remember this the next time some coward does this in the name of Christianity)

Sad times for those families and I hate it when political and or religious agendas get pushed because of these tragedies.

SemperFiDawg

Don't make us have to show examples of Christians that were killers just to show your hypocrisy.

Self identified "Christians" who commit murder do so in direct contradiction to the tenets of Christ and Christianity and are not Christians. That's non-debatable. So, it's only hypocrisy if one accepts your notably false straw man presupposition that they are.(intellectually dishonesty ring a bell here.
)
The same cannot be said of Atheism nor those who hold to it's precepts. Again, non-debatable.

Most often a killer is a killer and just so happens to also be an atheist, christian, muslim, buddhist, etc..

Wrong again. Beliefs shape values(or lack thereof) and values dictates actions. And again, non debatable.

Christianity holds that ALL life, because we are ALL created in the image of a Holy God, has infinite sanctity and infinite value. People that actually HOLD to that belief don't commit these atrocities.

Atheism on the other hand ......

Mexican Squealer

Self identified "Christians" who commit murder do so in direct contradiction to the tenets of Christ and Christianity and are not Christians. That's non-debatable. So, it's only hypocrisy if one accepts your notably false straw man presupposition that they are.(intellectually dishonesty ring a bell here.
)
The same cannot be said of Atheism nor those who hold to it's precepts. Again, non-debatable.

Wrong again. Beliefs shape values(or lack thereof) and values dictates actions. And again, non debatable.

Christianity holds that ALL life, because we are ALL created in the image of a Holy God, has infinite sanctity and infinite value. People that actually HOLD to that belief don't commit these atrocities.

Schooled!

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Very true!!! (Let's just remember this the next time some coward does this in the name of Christianity)

Sad times for those families and I hate it when political and or religious agendas get pushed because of these tragedies.

Now wait, if someone claims to do something In The Name Of..... then it is a different story.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Besides being mentally unstable I read he was ticked off royally at his Ma-n-Law. Those two combinations are deadly.

Besides, why weren't the people in the church carrying firearms? I find it highly hypocritical of any organization that professes to believe in God to restrict the rights to it's people that were endowed to them by God.

That just makes no sense.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
)

By your logic and with the way you act in here, you are not a Christian, just self identified.

You are your own perfect example.

May i quote mexicansquealer and daffy duck while i say..
TTTHHHKKKOOOOOOLED

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Now wait, if someone claims to do something In The Name Of..... then it is a different story.

According to some. Remember we had that discussion where we found out that we have rabid Christians and atheist :biggrin2:

atlashunter

Besides being mentally unstable I read he was ticked off royally at his Ma-n-Law. Those two combinations are deadly.

Besides, why weren't the people in the church carrying firearms? I find it highly hypocritical of any organization that professes to believe in God to restrict the rights to it's people that were endowed to them by God.

That just makes no sense.

Take no thought for the morrow...

Turn the other cheek...

God's will be done...

In God we trust...

If God be for us who can be against us?

No need to be armed with that mindset.

atlashunter

Self identified "Christians" who commit murder do so in direct contradiction to the tenets of Christ and Christianity and are not Christians. That's non-debatable.

Very debatable actually.

There are no precepts of atheism. Atheism is amoral. Christianity is immoral.

SemperFiDawg

He also was white, had facial hair, and man parts. Any other great revelations we should add? :crazy:

Childishness here too? Like I said, the self degradation one has to employ to be an Athiest, but I understand; when you can't argue truthfully, all that’s left is miasmas.

Last edited:

atlashunter

Childishness here too? Like I said, the self degradation one has to employ to be an Athiest, but I understand; when you can argue truthfully, all that’s left is miasmas.

Thanks for the acknowledgment. We can always depend on you to deliver insightful comments.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I think the fact that he was a violent, mentally unstable sociopath is more important in this context than whether he was religious or not. There are too many of those today.