What new gadget are you going to try this year

shdw633

I think I'm going to have a really abbreviated season this year so it is difficult to make any plans. If I was going to have another full season I think I'd get a couple of those cellular trail cameras. Also, I continue to hear that a couple of people I respect are convinced that Ozonics work, but I still haven't bought one. I know you can "hunt the wind" but deer don't always come from the direction you expect and the wind doesn't always blow from the direction you expect.

I like my Ozonics but I love my Ozone Generator!! You can get one on Ebay for under $100, set you up a small wardrobe closet to hang your cloths in and turn that thing on for 15 minutes and you'll be amazed at difference you'll see out in the field, especially with a swirling wind.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I went and got a brand new pin for my sight.
Hopefully that will do it. I still like hunting with the minimum every year.
I think this year i'm just simply going to hunt. Like many others, I too have gotten tied up in wanting to have all the shiny new products that seem to come available at every blink of the eye. I remember as a kid waking up and layering whatever long sleeved/pants clothing I could round up out of my closet. "Long johns" was always the base layer, followed by whatever shirt(s, as it was typically several) looked the thickest. All of this to be covered up by one of the only pieces of camouflage clothing I owned, a set of Mossy Oak original treestand coveralls that once belonged to my older brother (I acquired many things this way). I'd then grab the Marlin lever action 30-30 that my father had gotten me for a Christmas present and I was out the back door with nothing on my mind but where I was headed. I didn't know anything else, I didn't want or need anything else, heck I figured this was the way everyone done it. I had a great time back then, made good memories, and actually learned a good bit through trial and error. Although this wasn't too awful long ago as I'm only 32 now, but it feels like ages. I guess somewhere along the way I started reading too many magazines and watched too many hunting shows. I would constantly find myself wanting something new, something different, something better! The time I was suppose to be spending enjoying myself and learning new things was now being spent daydreaming about "well what if I would of had this or that, then I know I'd be killing something". Once I had finished engineering school and was supporting myself I splurged and picked up all the newest hunting "toys". All this did was I ended up worrying more about losing, scratching, or whatever all the new junk I had half of which I didn't need anyway. So with all that said ill say that this year, I plan to grab the same Remington 700 .270 I've been using for 10+ years (also a gift from my father), throw on whatever clothes that i've still got hanging around from seasons past and see if I can't find that joy I use to experience from hunting when I was still that 12 year old boy.
Double like? Practically word for word!!!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Another Millennium ladder stand and I'm good to go.

Triple C

Don't need any more hunting gadgets but did order me my own father's day gift gadget...Oregon lithium battery powered pole saw. Delivered today to my son's house and can't wait to hear his assessment of this contraption. I'm tired of extending the old style hand held pole saws to keep the limb creep from closing in on interior roads. After a couple of weekends of putting it to use I'll post a review in the Gear Review section. Thinking I'm gonna like this thing.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Don't need any more hunting gadgets but did order me my own father's day gift gadget...Oregon lithium battery powered pole saw. Delivered today to my son's house and can't wait to hear his assessment of this contraption. I'm tired of extending the old style hand held pole saws to keep the limb creep from closing in on interior roads. After a couple of weekends of putting it to use I'll post a review in the Gear Review section. Thinking I'm gonna like this thing.

I need to know all about that Trip. I got the same problem. How far does the pole extend out to would be a big question.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
I just figured out how to mirror my phone to my Roku, so I guess I'll be looking at trail cam pics on the big screen. Gadget enough.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
I got a Stihl Kombi system. 2 ft hedge trimmers and the pole chainsaw attachment. Clears roads quick. One of the best things I've ever bought hunting related. I may get the 3 ft. extension at some point.

Buckman18

Already got it.. a framed Alps backpack. Can’t wait to pack out a big mountain buck and bear with it.

Triple C

I need to know all about that Trip. I got the same problem. How far does the pole extend out to would be a big question.

elfiii...Here's the specs. We'll see if the hype translates into reality. For short guy like me I should be able to reach bout 14 ft up a tree with this thing which is more than I need. Stay tuned...

Oregon specs I.png

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
We going to get a new and bigger freezer.
Already got rifles and sharp knifes.

bilgerat

Senior
I already got the only thing I'm gonna buy this year, a new HSS harness

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
500 pounds of shelled corn

shdw633

elfiii...Here's the specs. We'll see if the hype translates into reality. For short guy like me I should be able to reach bout 14 ft up a tree with this thing which is more than I need. Stay tuned...

View attachment 933443

Get an extra battery, two extra batteries is even better. I have a 40v pole saw and love it but they don't run down, they just quit when the battery is done. Nothing worse than having to stop what your doing and wait an hour or so for the battery to recharge itself. I just ordered two more off ebay so I will have 3 and I have to get another 60v for my chainsaw so I will have two of them.

shdw633

500 pounds of shelled corn

What are you going to do for week 2 of the season as I can assure you 500 pounds doesn't last as long as you might think!!

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
What are you going to do for week 2 of the season as I can assure you 500 pounds doesn't last as long as you might think!!

500 more.
Might build me a silo
Got me a teenager to tote the sacks