Unofficial Sunday eats.....what's on your radar ???

JHannah92

Was going to do a drunk chicken but the grocery store didn't have any thawed that weren't about out of date. Luckily they had a big, beautiful rack of baby backs. Gonna fire up the akorn here shortly.

Dub

Son just showed up....wasn't counting on him when I planned things out earlier.

Called an on-the-fly audible....

Luckily these bad boys were good and thawed out in the fridge.

I told him I'd throw 'em in the pan with the brisket and let 'em broil there a while and then finish 'em off directly over the coals.

He misheard what I said...."Dad, you gonna boil them ?".

"Negatory, son.....gonna broil not boil.....then grill.....capiche ?"

Got a big old batch of sauerkraut to go with both the brats & the corned beef.

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
:rofl: :rofl: ^^

Reactions: Dub

Oldstick

Speaking of mustard and Montreal seasoning, everyone tells me this cheekin recipe is quite tasty. A tablespoon of yellow mustard and a tablespoon of a sammich sauce we love called Durkee's. Durkee's is a combination of mustard and horseradish mayo of some sort. Mix these with some oil or melted butter (my favorite) to make it thinner. Then either mix in the Montreal steak seasoning or just sprinkle it on after coating with the mixture.

Attachments

• IMG_0819.JPG
    IMG_0819.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0820.JPG
    IMG_0820.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 7

Dub

Speaking of mustard and Montreal seasoning, everyone tells me this cheekin recipe is quite tasty. A tablespoon of yellow mustard and a tablespoon of a sammich sauce we love called Durkee's. Durkee's is a combination of mustard and horseradish mayo of some sort. Mix these with some oil or melted butter (my favorite) to make it thinner. Then either mix in the Montreal steak seasoning or just sprinkle it on after coating with the mixture.

Durkee's is a great sammich ingredient.....I can only imagine that adding some yellow mustard to it would have to be tasty on chicken. Thanks for the tip.

Those split breasts & wings are looking great, too.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
YHFP made up a tasty fried mushroom appetizer, I managed to get a pic before they all evaporated. :D
friedshrooms.jpg

Dub

YHFP made up a tasty fried mushroom appetizer, I managed to get a pic before they all evaporated. :D
View attachment 933863

Man....please !

Those look all kinds of good. Super app right there !!!

Son's kicker brats came out of boil broil pan and over the coals to finish off.

Told him I was breaking out the heavy artillery on the sides. Seems that BiLo now has 72 different mustards......this one seemed fitting.

He wanted one with the mustard & cheese....and one with the mustard & these pickled Vidalias. I gotta get more of these killer enhancers.

He killed those two and then knocked down a third with the mustard & onions saying he'd be interested in Reuben or two when he got home later.....little joker puts away the grub and is lean and mean. Gotta love that metabolism.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Good looking brats! I was the same way as your son until I got old and fat. :D

Dub

Good looking brats! I was the same way as your son until I got old and fat. :D

Thanks.

Me, too on the metabolism....so long as I was active in sports.....I could go through 1/4 cow a day, lol.

Now....I have to meter things much more carefully. I cut out a lot of the sugars and starches I used to eat....to make room for suds, I suppose. If I would cut them out then I"d be lean like him.......but where's the fun in that ??? (n)

Oldstick

Oh my!!! Choked down several wangs, tater salad and tea, but now ya'll getting me hongry again.

(y)

Dub

The Queen Bee decided to go old school today while I was out. Came home to some fine northern's with all the fixin's to go with it.

Cravin' flung !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every bit of that looks outstanding.

Reminds me that my wife was asking for some deviled eggs the other day.

I now wanta smoke a ham just to get that bone for the beans, lol.

naildrvr

Man y'all are throwing down in here. I haven't ate since the plate I posted earlier. Been working on getting my tool trailer cleaned out. It was piling up. The wife said it's gonna be take out wings and pizza.