Unofficial Sunday eats.....what's on your radar ???

Dub

Good morning.

What's on your menus today, folks ???

Doing some leftovers for breakfast here......and then gonna make something the wife asked for later on. It's on the grill now.

Corned beef for Reuben sammiches.

Gorgeous weather today. Gonna leave the grill running and check on it in a few hours.

Hope everyone is doing well.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like good eats in Dubville today! YHFP is cooking up some brunch right now, and I'm planning on using the rest of the beer-can chicken I cooked last night to make some mole poblano enchiladas for supper.

Reactions: Dub

naildrvr

Been thinking about something to cook since I rolled outta the sack at 7. Haven't had a good idea yet so now I'm at the big orange toy store trying to get help with a toolbox for my enclosed trailer. This is like trying to fit a camel through the eye of a needle!!! Hopefully a good cook idea will come along shortly. Good luck with yalls cooks today.

mikep

I got some fresh grouper and snapper soaking in lime juice right now for some ceviche. Gonna smoke some ribs in the afternoon

Dub

Grouper & snapper are two of my favorites. Sounds like you are gonna do them justice, MikeP.

Good luck NailDrvr. I somehow escaped from HD yesterday without the normal $100 cover charge. I think I made it out under $15.

Enchiladas sound great NCHB.....I had some leftover chicken chimichanga for breakfast, lol. Hit the spot.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
My appetite and menu have not yet arrived at a point of unity.

dfhooked

Man y’all got me hungry and it’s not even lunchtime. Think we’re doing stuffed tomatoes this afternoon.

Dub

PopPop......that sounds like my wife's comments this morning. She wasn't wanting breakfast and I was hongry and didn't feel like cooking for one.....leftovers were right on time.

Hoping the corned beef turns out well. We haven't had Reubens in a while. I've got rye, swiss, sauces and 17 different types of mustard.

Stuffed maters sound good DFHooked.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Picked 3 gallons of blueberries yesterday.
Wife is making jelly right now.
I may just have a biscuit and jelly or 3 for supper.
May add a 1/4 pound sausage patty (ala PopPop).

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
YHFP made up a good breffuss.

breakfast11.jpg

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
I've got some flank steak and boneless chicken thighs going on the grill later for some authentic tacos

Looks like you all are on a roll!

naildrvr

Hillbilly, that looks perfect! I like some eggs with my pepper too. I got some bacon frying right now.

naildrvr

Well I figured I'd get the bacon mated up with some sharp cheddar, over easy eggs, a generous portion of Blue Plate, a dash of black pepper, and a splash of Texas Pete. Now I'm gonna give this a whirl before I get my new toolbox in the trailer.IMG_20180624_121504753-600x800.jpgI had to get an extra piece of bread to sop up all the goodness that dripped out!

Last edited:

Dub

YHFP made up a good breffuss.

View attachment 933836

That's what I'm talking about right thar !!!!

When I go out for breakfast and the waiter asks, "Bacon or sausage ?". I always say, "Yes".

You get that at home. Awesome !!!

I hit my eggs with at least that much pepper, too. It's a match that has to be made for me.

I've got some flank steak and boneless chicken thighs going on the grill later for some authentic tacos

Looks like you all are on a roll!

Sounds great.

Last time I did that I found a nice 'un that had some good fat on it. Turned out purty tasty....made it with some street corn.

I like your taco idea much better.

Hillbilly, that looks perfect! I like some eggs with my pepper too. I got some bacon frying right now.

I hear ya.

Corn cakes, homemade belly bacon, and more hot maple syrup than I should admit to.

Looks great !!!

Dub

Well I figured I'd get the bacon mated up with some sharp cheddar, over easy eggs, a generous portion of Blue Plate, a dash of black pepper, and a splash of Texas Pete. Now I'm gonna give this a whirl before I get my new toolbox in the trailer.View attachment 933848I had to get an extra piece of bread to sop up all the goodness that dripped out!

Eggcellent sammiches there !!!!

Dub

Salsa verde is gonna be great in there.

A buddy at work turned me on to Sazon a couple months ago. He's been using it on all sorts of good eats. I really like it.

Last time I was in Wallyworld there were several different versions. Looks like you have the MOAB version, lol.

Tasty stuff !