Please, Stop calling RV'ing Camping

keithsto

Big problem with GA to me is aside from the mountains, we don't have very many dispersed camping options. I like to camp to relax and be in nature. To me, being at a campground with a couple hundred other people doesn't offer that.

I agree that sitting an air-conditioned RV watching satellite TV isn't truly camping, but one could also argue that if you aren't in a bushcraft lean-to shelter you aren't truly camping either.

toyota4x4h

Someone asked for pics here ya go! Wouldn't trade it for anything! Cept maybe one that got over 10mpg lol

Attachments

• camper.jpg
    camper.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 18

Artfuldodger

Nothing more enjoyable than camping out in the wild, in a tent. You can lay in that tent, listening to all the creatures of the night come alive. Hearing the howl of a pack of coyotes, the hooting of an owl, and the crickets and frogs singing their music. That never gets old to me. I love it!

I like to hear the Whippoorwills at night. The soft roar of a mountain stream is nice. I like white noise anyway.
Sometimes I can hear my daughter snoring in her hammock from mine.

We camped next to Panther Creek Falls of Hwy 441. We were right on the sandbar next to the falls. That was almost too much white noise.

toyota4x4h

How does it do pulling a boat?

I have been looking at some older RV? So I I can get my wife camping and bring my boat. Otherwise I will have to teach my wife to pull a trailer.

I don’t have a boat to tow but would imagine it would pretty easy depending on the size. This one just has the 350 and 3 speed trans but I’m guessing 410 rear so it’s got some pull. It’ll run smooth at 60 on hwy and pull hills just fine. Some of the older ones like this have the 454 which would be better for pulling a boat I’d guess. I like the ease of maintenance on the Chevy 350 myself though parts are cheap. We stripped the inside and repainted and put down vinyl wood floors. They are great starters if you find one not beat all up.

Sweetwater

Great thread messican...and im with you...rv-ing aint camping.
But neither is camping in a tent...
Which almost pops like a ballon because someone left the portable ac unit running and said tent zipped up tighter than jorts on a gators fan.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Isn't roughing it a hotel without room service? Asking for a friend.

Havana Dude

Great, now I can’t sleep at night, worrying about your opinion of whether or not what I do is camping or RV'ing. Thanks a lot.

Havana Dude

Can I get an opinion on charcoal vs propane for grilling? I have both, I use both. When I use the gas, should I call it something other than grilling?

BeerThirty

We had a scout campout earlier this year in the spring. The one dad who's also complaining about stuff really took it to the next level. He brought a generator (unbeknownst to everyone else) to which he powered a fan and small television inside of his tent. It was a nice, quiet Honda inverter, but boy oh boy were them some ticked off parents the next morning. I am with the other folks here who like to hear the sounds of nature at night; the crickets, the wind blowing, the branches scratching each other, etc... Not a generator!

Safe to say we now have a strict NO GENERATORS bylaw in place :LOL:

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Just big enough for 2. It'll do. :biggrin3:

Attachments

• camper.jpg
    camper.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 11

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I don't go camping / Rv ing to suffer the weather conditions!!…….I appreciate a hot shower, and air conditioning!!……….You can be your purist self, and sleep in a puddle of three day old sweat if you want to!!
Deja vu. :biggrin3: