Please, Stop calling RV'ing Camping

Artfuldodger

We had a scout campout earlier this year in the spring. The one dad who's also complaining about stuff really took it to the next level. He brought a generator (unbeknownst to everyone else) to which he powered a fan and small television inside of his tent. It was a nice, quiet Honda inverter, but boy oh boy were them some ticked off parents the next morning. I am with the other folks here who like to hear the sounds of nature at night; the crickets, the wind blowing, the branches scratching each other, etc... Not a generator!

Safe to say we now have a strict NO GENERATORS bylaw in place :LOL:

I would think that primitive Army Corp and National Forest campgrounds wouldn't allow generators. I know they do allow them because I've camped next to neighbors who had them.

BeerThirty

I would think that primitive Army Corp and National Forest campgrounds wouldn't allow generators. I know they do allow them because I've camped next to neighbors who had them.

Not sure, but good suggestion. We are always looking for new places to camp, but we typically try to stay within Council-approved sites that already have the accommodations and such. It's just easier that way, otherwise we have to jump through a ton of hoops to get other locations approved. Frankly, I think this particular fella would have ignored the rules anyway...

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I may look at the campers that go in the back of a truck. Bet they have came a long ways.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
We had a scout campout earlier this year in the spring. The one dad who's also complaining about stuff really took it to the next level. He brought a generator (unbeknownst to everyone else) to which he powered a fan and small television inside of his tent. It was a nice, quiet Honda inverter, but boy oh boy were them some ticked off parents the next morning. I am with the other folks here who like to hear the sounds of nature at night; the crickets, the wind blowing, the branches scratching each other, etc... Not a generator!

Safe to say we now have a strict NO GENERATORS bylaw in place :LOL:
Those folks need to stay in their house. If I couldn't live without tv for a couple days, I wouldn't leave home.

normaldave

GON Weatherman
Family of 6...
Before, Cheaha Mtn. State Park Alabama 2010: (note the fancy outdoor kitchen ;) ).
DSC03045.JPG

After, Tallulah Gorge State Park, GA 2013
DSC01886A.jpg

We're doing the same thing, although today, it's mostly just the two of us, plus an English Shepherd, and a (mostly) Louisiana Cur Dog. I'm ok with calling it "RV'ing", but where are the payments, extended setup time, big screen tv, and the fancy fixtures?

Sleep in a tent. I camped for a year in NAM . Slept against every pine tree in South Georgia while I was in the Army . No it’s an RV for me.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I don't look down on anyone who camps in a camper. I just prefer a tent. Plus, I love hearing the rain hit the tarp over my tent. Talk about some great sleeping! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

NOYDB

BANNED
I like RVers. They think they are roughing it and support those of us who are.

If you don't have to check where you sleep for snakes and scorpions or things that bite or sting, you are not camping. But please keep thinking you are so the sites will stay open and be available.

3ringer

We purchased a travel trailer so we can take our dogs on vacation with us. It is basically an extension of all the comforts of home. We can afford to vacation more often with our camper. Some people call it glamping because of all the comforts of home. Unlike at a hotel or condo , we cook outside and spend most of our time enjoying the outdoors. I also have a popup camper for more remote rural areas like trout streams or deer hunting. I still have a tent if I really want to rough it. The older I get , the less I want to tent camp lol. A condo or hotel are ok but I love the smells of everyone cooking in a campground. Some people won’t even think of glamping because of bugs , snakes and wildlife. I can’t wait until we can retire so we can camp , glamp or Rv.

blondiega1

I love to be outside enjoying the fresh crisp air of the woods, campfire at night, cooking and eating outside on the grill.

Much later, I'll be in my 43' motorcoach, on the recliner, feet propped up, with my frosty adult beverage, in front of the fireplace, dishes running in the dishwasher and I'll retire later to my king size bed and private bath and a half.

But y'all go on with your little hard core selves.......... LOL

LTZ25

The idea of staying in an RV camp ground is about as appealing as living in a trailer park.
Not knowing much about a trailer park but the folks I've meet at camp grounds have been very nice . I remember years ago meeting a young family with a baby tent camping in Florida in July and had the mom and baby in the a/c every afternoon so the baby could nap .

Dialer

I think he’s saying it’s okay to have an RV, just don’t claim to be “camping”. I too still tent camp, but the wife is unable to sleep in a tent with no bathroom, but still loves to go.