Where's Bro David's thread?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
No one asked for interpretation.
Spotlite, you have 40,000 different groups that contain over 2 billion members who all cannot agree on what scripture means because it leaves everything open to interpretation .
That isn't my fault bud.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
That like being a Christian, they have to make their own decision.
However this is pretty close
1 Kings 7:23
23 And he made a molten sea, ten cubits from the one brim to the other: it was round all about, and his height was five cubits: and a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about.
*5 cubits)*2=31.4159
So you are saying that ancient cultures had ways of figuring out distances. Shall I call a news conference?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
We are relying on you people who claim to have interacted with a god to enlighten us in ways that are understandable. You know, like an Apologist is supposed to be able to do.
You are a believer asking us to explain scripture to you, from our own understanding. And when we do you tell us it is wrong. You say we don't get it. You contradict yourself saying that it needs no explanation and then that it needs explanation.
No I’m not asking to explain to me, I know what it says.

I’m asking you to explain the reason you claim it means more or less that what we try to tell you it does or when we say you’re leaving out things....

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Spotlite, you have 40,000 different groups that contain over 2 billion members who all cannot agree on what scripture means because it leaves everything open to interpretation .
That isn't my fault bud.
I can agree, and it’s not my fault either.

There’s plenty that quote and so forth and haven’t even studied more than the few verses they quoted.

I don’t ever listen to them unless they can explain how they all connect.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Interpretation is all there is.
That's why I can provide you Christian web sites that say the exact opposite of what you might say.
Technically......yea the term “interpretation” applies but when used scripturally a lot of people use the term as a means to decode a scripture, like it’s a hidden message. I guess that’s my fault for taking that for granted.

John 3:16 is stand alone..........but there’s alot of other Bible that John 3:16 covers.

To know those parts and the whys of them, requires reading and studying more than a few verses or a quick search on a website. There’s no code to break but it requires an understanding of how the scripture came to be and what they mean in relation to other scriptures and events.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

I’m asking you to explain the reason you claim it means more or less that what we try to tell you it does or when we say you’re leaving out things....
Spotlite,you tell me what a verse means, another believer tells me what a verse means, and another and another and another and NONE of them agree!!

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Technically......yea the term “interpretation” applies but when used scripturally a lot of people use the term as a means to decode a scripture, like it’s a hidden message. I guess that’s my fault for taking that for granted.

John 3:16 is stand alone..........but there’s alot of other Bible that John 3:16 covers.

To know those parts and the whys of them, requires reading and studying more than a few verses or a quick search on a website. There’s no code to break but it requires an understanding of how the scripture came to be and what they mean in relation to other scriptures and events.
"Requires an understanding of how the scripture came to be..."

Spotlite, if you knew that, you would be on our side.

Last edited:

j_seph

Interpretation is all there is.
That's why I can provide you Christian web sites that say the exact opposite of what you might say.
What makes it a Christian website, there used to be a website to the white house, even had whitehouse in its name but it was a far cry from the white house

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
What makes it a Christian website, there used to be a website to the white house, even had whitehouse in its name but it was a far cry from the white house
Can you provide us with your official list of what are and what are not Christian websites?

WaltL1

You got me. It was from a Pagan website that was extoling the virtues of John 3:16

WaltL1

We aren't telling you what it means.
We are telling you what other (not all) Christians says it means and what other (not all) Christians are being taught that it means.

j_seph

Can you provide us with your official list of what are and what are not Christian websites?
It starts with
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

and it ends with
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

I am sure you can find it with those 2 sentences

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
It starts with
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

and it ends with
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

I am sure you can find it with those 2 sentences
I can't even find a j an underscore or a p in those two sentences.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Spotlite,you tell me what a verse means, another believer tells me what a verse means, and another and another and another and NONE of them agree!!
Yea about that.............obviously my kids didn`t both agree on what my group text meant that I sent on Monday morning that said "before Friday, need to get your rides in for service, etc. - note is on my desk with instructions" Both replied "OK"

One either failed to read the entire text, the note on my desk or both because he only got an oil change and wasn't at the right shop. I had swapped labor with someone for service, tire rotation, balance, brakes and alignment. The instructions told them exactly where to go, who to see and how to pay for the materials.

So who / what was wrong and why?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
We aren't telling you what it means.
We are telling you what other (not all) Christians says it means and what other (not all) Christians are being taught that it means.
Gotcha..........Yea there`s tons of "I thinks" out there.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
"Requires an understanding of how the scripture came to be..."

Spotlite, if you knew that, you would be on our side.
But the reason I am not on your side is I think you are wrong.

WaltL1

Gotcha..........Yea there`s tons of "I thinks" out there.
And therein lies the problem. To compound the problem nobody (Christians) can prove who is right or who is wrong.
A/As position is you guys get together and decide who's "I think" is the right one, THEN come tell us what it means and what it doesn't.
Seems fair to me.

WaltL1

But the reason I am not on your side is I think you are wrong.
We know how scripture came to be. Its well documented. So Bullet is not wrong about that.
That only leaves whether its literally God's words.
Which cannot be proven right or wrong.
And when you consider Christians cant even proven God exists, proving those are his words would require well...…… a miracle.

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
And therein lies the problem. To compound the problem nobody (Christians) can prove who is right or who is wrong.
A/As position is you guys get together and decide who's "I think" is the right one, THEN come tell us what it means and what it doesn't.
Seems fair to me.
We are not in it for what others think is right or wrong. We are are in it because it actually works for us.