Where's Bro David's thread?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Ok I can’t say you didn’t read it, only you would know that answer. I can only question some of your use of it that leaves you still asking some questions.
Believe me when i tell you that before 29 years ago, I sounded and made rhe same points you did.

Israel

BANNED
Believe me when i tell you that before 29 years ago, I sounded and made rhe same points you did.

So, basically, you left what you consider "the faith" at the age of 20?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
That was when I stopped bragging about it and was done with Organized Religion. That was the age when I first read the bible in full. Read it 2 more times by age 25. In those 5 years was when I set out to back up everything I believed and was told/taught so I could have undeniable proof to back up my beliefs. How hard could the Ultimate Truth be to prove right?

WaltL1

Question for you Israel -
If I read between the lines of your question, which I may be totally wrong in doing,
do you feel Bullet would have had a better chance of "sticking with it" if he had started at 20 as opposed to ending at 20?

Israel

BANNED
Question for you Israel -
If I read between the lines of your question, which I may be totally wrong in doing,
do you feel Bullet would have had a better chance of "sticking with it" if he had started at 20 as opposed to ending at 20?

That wasn't in my mind at all, was just practicing my math and seeing whether I have been following conversations. I'm just not always sure I know what I think I know.

WaltL1

That wasn't in my mind at all, was just practicing my math and seeing whether I have been following conversations. I'm just not always sure I know what I think I know.
See told ya I may be totally wrong in reading between the lines :bounce:

j_seph

The facts according to your scripture is that God is the designer and is All Knowing and All Powerful. If he had men write "his" book and he designed humans to be unable to PRECISELY understand "his"book, then it is "his" fault.
Period
Had God placed a thousand or ten thousand bibles in an area for someone to find, then folks would still be saying that someone(s) did that and they were trying to push Christianity and the Bible on them.

Here is one y'all can go investigate personally. Do not know if it is still doing this or not.
http://www.daily-tribune.com/stories/hundreds-turn-out-to-behold-miraculous-bible,19346

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Had God placed a thousand or ten thousand bibles in an area for someone to find, then folks would still be saying that someone(s) did that and they were trying to push Christianity and the Bible on them.

Here is one y'all can go investigate personally. Do not know if it is still doing this or not.
http://www.daily-tribune.com/stories/hundreds-turn-out-to-behold-miraculous-bible,19346

Had god....but he didn't.
A god didn't do anything. He didn't write it, he didn't print it, he didn't publish it, he didn't distribute it, he didn't translate it, he didn't fact check it, he didn't proofread it, he didnt make it precise, to the point, or unable to be interpreted incorrectly. He certainly did not make one master copy that is indestructible and understandable in all languages no matter who reads it.

What in your opinion would be the purpose of an oil leaking bible?
Of all that you say your God is capable of, do you think for a second that such a being with superior intellect would wake up with the idea that he could gain believers by having oil leak out of a book? I mean c'mon.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Had god....but he didn't.
A god didn't do anything.
Based off of the other thread, are you saying this as a fact or is this the best known available to you?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Based off of the other thread, are you saying this as a fact or is this the best known available to you?
Based off of the 1500years it took to gather work from mostly anonymous writers and select what makes the cut and what doesn't.
Claims say a god made the universe in 6 days, but nobody is bragging about his writers block for 1500 years.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Based off of the 1500years it took to gather work from mostly anonymous writers and select what makes the cut and what doesn't.
Claims say a god made the universe in 6 days, but nobody is bragging about his writers block for 1500 years.
So is it fact or best known to you?

ky55

Dang shame it ain’t peanut oil so it would be worth something.

ambush80

Now that's persuasive. A full blown miracle. I read an article that said a chemist in Dalton said it was mineral oil from an unknown source:

While they were faithful, they also had more concrete concerns about the oil. They enlisted the help of a Dalton chemist who tested the liquid. The results it yielded only strengthened their resolve.
“During this whole thing, we have told everyone, ‘we want to keep it all in the light. What we know, you know.’ We just want to be good stewards of this and do what God wants us to do,” he said.
“(The chemist) said that it had the characteristics of mineral oil but was not manufactured. They best they could tell us ... they don’t know where it came from.”

https://thebrunswicknews.com/life/b...cle_6e27ed92-ac64-51e7-ac48-df500ebf3236.html

I think it would be awesome if the Bible and the tub were taken to a lab so they could be watched and examined thoroughly, so that the miracle could be documented. Wouldn't that be wonderful? How many would it bring to Christ? At least some, don't you imagine? If the scientists said "We don't know what it is or where it comes from"; if no scientist could come up with a natural explanation, I would be moved. I would be closer to belief.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Now that's persuasive. A full blown miracle. I read an article that said a chemist in Dalton said it was mineral oil from an unknown source:

While they were faithful, they also had more concrete concerns about the oil. They enlisted the help of a Dalton chemist who tested the liquid. The results it yielded only strengthened their resolve.
“During this whole thing, we have told everyone, ‘we want to keep it all in the light. What we know, you know.’ We just want to be good stewards of this and do what God wants us to do,” he said.
“(The chemist) said that it had the characteristics of mineral oil but was not manufactured. They best they could tell us ... they don’t know where it came from.”

https://thebrunswicknews.com/life/b...cle_6e27ed92-ac64-51e7-ac48-df500ebf3236.html

I think it would be awesome if the Bible and the tub were taken to a lab so they could be watched and examined thoroughly, so that the miracle could be documented. Wouldn't that be wonderful? How many would it bring to Christ? At least some, don't you imagine? If the scientists said "We don't know what it is or where it comes from"; if no scientist could come up with a natural explanation, I would be moved. I would be closer to belief.
Why are they not sending vials of it to Children's Hospitals all over the world?
Or at least retirement homes for old Hinges?...

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Wouldn't that be wonderful? How many would it bring to Christ?.
We are often asked if it wasn’t for the promise of heaven, or the “wows” or the “gifts”, etc, would we still be in Christianity.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Evidence is a body of facts?
Get to your point man...
This is excruciating.

The facts are man took 1500 years to get the completed bible as we know it.
If you can refute that with evidence that says otherwise, lets hear it.
If you can't....:huh:

If you have some Ah Hah gotcha bombshell that you want to drop go for it.

ambush80

We are often asked if it wasn’t for the promise of heaven, or the “wows” or the “gifts”, etc, would we still be in Christianity.

There's a word that eludes me that seems like what you're doing right now. It has something to do with you wanting to agree with me but at the same time not wanting to agree with me.

My question was simple. If this thing was proven to be a miracle, would it bring some people to Christ. The second part of the question is whether or not that would be a good thing.

I believe a true, honest to goodness inexplicable miracle linked to the Bible would bring people to Christendom. I would be a Christian if the utility of being one made sense. I've so far been able to find ways to experience the benefits of religion without the negatives, but if something like this oily Bible turns out to be a true miracle, then it would cause me to re-examine all the other miracle claims not only of the Bible but of all the other religious traditions.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
There's a word that eludes me that seems like what you're doing right now. It has something to do with you wanting to agree with me but at the same time not wanting to agree with me.

My question was simple. If this thing was proven to be a miracle, would it bring some people to Christ. The second part of the question is whether or not that would be a good thing.

I believe a true, honest to goodness inexplicable miracle linked to the Bible would bring people to Christendom. I would be a Christian if the utility of being one made sense. I've so far been able to find ways to experience the benefits of religion without the negatives, but if something like this oily Bible turns out to be a true miracle, then it would cause me to re-examine all the other miracle claims not only of the Bible but of all the other religious traditions.
For the wrong reasons, yes it could, and would. So yes, I would agree with you, but then you end up building on very shallow foundations. It’s almost like saying you love your wife because she bought you a new truck.