Sugar Bowl

You privy to some info?
Seems like Saban would be the ALL-TIME prized target of an NCAA investigation...yet...not even a suggestion of impropriety...so please, enlighten us

So let me get this right.. Saban knows everything there is to know at Bama except the fact his players are getting paid..

Next thing you're going to tell me is Joe Paterno didn't know what Sandusky was doing all those years.. Or that Urban Meyer didn't know his coach was beating his wife..

Saban is as crooked as they come. He has the cops on speed dial and everything is handled in house. Kids get busted for drugs and still play. Kids get busted for all kinds of stuff and still play.

SpotandStalk

So let me get this right.. Saban knows everything there is to know at Bama except the fact his players are getting paid..

Next thing you're going to tell me is Joe Paterno didn't know what Sandusky was doing all those years.. Or that Urban Meyer didn't know his coach was beating his wife..

Saban is as crooked as they come. He has the cops on speed dial and everything is handled in house. Kids get busted for drugs and still play. Kids get busted for all kinds of stuff and still play.
Blasphemy

"So let me get this right.. Saban knows everything there is to know at Bama except the fact his players are getting paid..

Saban is as crooked as they come. He has the cops on speed dial and everything is handled in house. Kids get busted for drugs and still play. Kids get busted for all kinds of stuff and still play. "

classic ... "Under the porch life"

roll tide

My boss, a big time booster at UGA said and I quote "all the team members, coaches and fans should shut their mouths. That game performance was embarrassing and not Georgia Bulldog football"

I agree

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
My boss, a big time booster at UGA said and I quote "all the team members, coaches and fans should shut their mouths. That game performance was embarrassing and not Georgia Bulldog football"

I agree

He's wrong about the fans. The fans are the ones who pay the money and in this country, for the most part, he who pays the piper calls the tune.

SpotandStalk

Somewhere in Somalia there are some happy little pirates wearing Sugar Bowl Champion shirts.

And no they arent any Fsu shirts this yr. ?

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
The dogs had plenty to play for. Pride for not only their team, but their conference, and also to prove to the committee and world that they belonged. The "we didnt want to be there" excuse is bullhockey.

Uga has problems with mobile qbs and it showed in the Tx and Bama games. Kirby Smart said it best. "We were outcoached and out physicaled"

For whatever reason, in their mind they had nothing to play for.

RipperIII

I've been saying for decades now that the Dawgs aren't mentally tough, too much Rah-Rah...especially during Richt's tenure...and the dawgs here roundly cussed me for it,...but this is exactly what Worely is saying.
Dawgs have had TOO much talent over the years to have remained mediocre for so long.
I was really expecting Smart to instill that edge...and he may still.
Saban's 2nd year embarrassment to Utah is a classic example, he fired most of his assistants, lost 2 key players for "team rules" infractions prior to the Utah game, and half the team did not 'Buy in"...didn't want to be there...the next year he won the Natty...the following year with possibly the most talent position by position other than these last 2 seasons, they stunk up the season, "entitlement"...havn't had that issue lately...it's a building/learning process for both coaches and players.
disagree if you like, but the proof is in the puddin'
Blackout
Rainy day in Athens (Dawgs favored )
2 consecutive 2nd half meltdowns these past 2 seasons
I think Kirby will learn and adjust

brownceluse

I've been saying for decades now that the Dawgs aren't mentally tough, too much Rah-Rah...especially during Richt's tenure...and the dawgs here roundly cussed me for it,...but this is exactly what Worely is saying.
Dawgs have had TOO much talent over the years to have remained mediocre for so long.
I was really expecting Smart to instill that edge...and he may still.
Saban's 2nd year embarrassment to Utah is a classic example, he fired most of his assistants, lost 2 key players for "team rules" infractions prior to the Utah game, and half the team did not 'Buy in"...didn't want to be there...the next year he won the Natty...the following year with possibly the most talent position by position other than these last 2 seasons, they stunk up the season, "entitlement"...havn't had that issue lately...it's a building/learning process for both coaches and players.
disagree if you like, but the proof is in the puddin'
Blackout
Rainy day in Athens (Dawgs favored )
2 consecutive 2nd half meltdowns these past 2 seasons
You can fix something that’s broke overnight. Kirby has overachieved and underachieved in the last three years. More over than under by a huge margin. The growth at UGA with Kirby has been different than Bama under Saban. Saban didn’t need to learn how to win championships as a HC when he got to Bama. Kirby does. Kirby had to figure some things out along with completely changing the culture in Athens. Saban just had to change the culture. Kirby will innmy opinion bring us to the promise land more than once. The blueprint is there and Kirby knows what it takes. This UGA team lacked only a couple things this year that was sorely missed by the departure of 5 or 6 Dawgs to graduation and the last years draft. The main one was leadership and the second one is accountability. Coaches can’t manufacture either of those with players it comes from from within the individual. They can only react and discipline to the lack of from the players. I’d imagine that from the comments from Fromm, Swift and a few more that it’s already been established. We shall see.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

I hope so but the clock is ticking on his tenure. He was hired because the alumni are sick of talk and want victories, especially National Championship victories. CKS seems to be stuck between a rock and a hard place right now. He needs to kick it up a notch. Any kid that doesn't buy in needs to be sent packing tout de suite. There is no room for prima donnas and crybabies on the UGA football team.

BamaGeorgialine

You can fix something that’s broke overnight. Kirby has overachieved and underachieved in the last three years. More over than under by a huge margin. The growth at UGA with Kirby has been different than Bama under Saban. Saban didn’t need to learn how to win championships as a HC when he got to Bama. Kirby does. Kirby had to figure some things out along with completely changing the culture in Athens. Saban just had to change the culture. Kirby will innmy opinion bring us to the promise land more than once. The blueprint is there and Kirby knows what it takes. This UGA team lacked only a couple things this year that was sorely missed by the departure of 5 or 6 Dawgs to graduation and the last years draft. The main one was leadership and the second one is accountability. Coaches can’t manufacture either of those with players it comes from from within the individual. They can only react and discipline to the lack of from the players. I’d imagine that from the comments from Fromm, Swift and a few more that it’s already been established. We shall see.
That's right. We shall see. Not every coach has it in him to be great. Saban is a great coach. Kirby is a good coach. Saban has years and years of experience over Kirby, so to me the comparisons aren't fair. Even if Kirby wins two championships it isn't fair, I don't think. If Kirby happens to win a couple, we will see how he can overcome losing his top assistants year after year after year. If he still wins then, then he's a great coach. This was his first game after losing his defensive coordinator and that might have affected some preparation. I don't know. I'm not a Dawg fan or a Kirby fan so I don't care either way. Nobody knows until a few years from now how it's going to play out. Kirbys future is all speculation right now. Not facts

Reactions: srb

srb

There is some Ga Folks that are the shot callers behind the sene.......They may Not still believe they lost again???

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
There is some Ga Folks that are the shot callers behind the sene.......They may Not still believe they lost again???
Translation please. Both cloak and dagger and bad English translations if you will please sir. Thanks in advance