Best/worst bbq in georgia!?!?

tbrown913

Foggy Bottom in Loganville is mighty fine. Their bbq nachos are awesome, brisket is delicious, competition ribs were not my favorite but they were decent.

There was a take out only bbq place down near lumber city/ Bullard Creek WMA where you ordered and came back 20 minutes later to get your food. My dad and I ate some ribs, and before we went home we went back and ordered like $150 of ribs.

Shane's bbq chicken tenders are usually the best chicken you can get as fast food. I dont do their other bbq.

I agree Sonnys is the worst.

Geffellz18

Not sure its the best in GA, but theres a place in Hiawassee called Barney's that actually has some really good bbq. Not specifically a bbq joint.
Try it if your up that way!

Head East

Second loggrhead...hash and rice is great

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
Wife just brought home Country Boys from Lagrange now have a new favorite!
It was delicious!

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Count me in on Fresh Air BBQ being the worst. Just plain nasty.

Good BBQ:
Old Hickory House in Tucker
Fox Brothers in Atlanta
4Rivers in Florida(I just read in this thread they have an Atlanta location)
Community BBQ on Clairmont Rd in Decatur
Smokin Po Boys in Winder
Pulaski Heights in Athens has good meat but the side are a little funky

Bad BBQ
Butt Hutt in Athens(was good a few years ago until the son took over)
Shanes Rib Shack
Dickeys

The McDonalds of BBQ=Sonnys

The pit at Old Hickory House:
ohh.png

Stonewall 2

Check out Uncle Chet’s BBQ in Jefferson everything I have had there is good. He is a competition guy that started his own restaurant and catering business. It’s in a small space attached to a convenience store at the intersection of Hwy 11 and Hwy 124. Only open Thursday-Saturday.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Best-Southern Soul on St. Simon's, The Smoking Pig in Valdosta, Three Little Pigs in Pine Mountain, Fat Boy's in Sylvester.

Worst-19 South BBQ in Americus. The sauce tastes like chili powder. The sides are horrible. Georgia Bob's in Macon. This was a huge disappointment. Had heard good things here. It was hideous. Just awful.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Tried Fresh Air BBQ in Jackson last week for the first time. Though I'd never drive there for just that purpose, it weren't bad. I'd stop for lunch again should I be near by.

Oldstick

Tried Fresh Air BBQ in Jackson last week for the first time. Though I'd never drive there for just that purpose, it weren't bad. I'd stop for lunch again should I be near by.

I agree. Not sure the reason many have called it "bad" or such on here. It would be nice if folks would outline their reasoning when giving a bad review. To me Fresh Air is extra well done pork with good bark, smoke flavor and chopped up kind of fine. You add your own sauce to it and some of the sauces are a little too salty, which I have commented on.

The appeal, IMO, of the the location in Jackson is that it is obviously a traditional outdoors BBQ cooking facility from many decades ago and they probably walled up the inside dining area some years ago due to customer demand. You park up the hill from it and the great smell mixed with "fresh air" rises to greet you as soon as you step out of the car.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I agree. Not sure the reason many have called it "bad" or such on here. It would be nice if folks would outline their reasoning when giving a bad review. To me Fresh Air is extra well done pork with good bark, smoke flavor and chopped up kind of fine. You add your own sauce to it and some of the sauces are a little too salty, which I have commented on.

The appeal, IMO, of the the location in Jackson is that it is obviously a traditional outdoors BBQ cooking facility from many decades ago and they probably walled up the inside dining area some years ago due to customer demand. You park up the hill from it and the great smell mixed with "fresh air" rises to greet you as soon as you step out of the car.

Sounds good. Never been there but I would like to try it.

Oldstick

Best-Southern Soul on St. Simon's, The Smoking Pig in Valdosta, Three Little Pigs in Pine Mountain, Fat Boy's in Sylvester.

Worst-19 South BBQ in Americus. The sauce tastes like chili powder. The sides are horrible. Georgia Bob's in Macon. This was a huge disappointment. Had heard good things here. It was hideous. Just awful.

What exactly was bad about GA Bob's? Was it at the location in Macon? I have also noticed a downward trend over the last few years since they have tried to expand and cover multiple locations. Some locations are busier than others and seems like the less busy places get the short end of the stick when it comes to freshness and quality.