Illegal Aliens with hunting licenses?

Gator89

I was born in 67 and I've never been asked for mine to buy a lisence

Back in the 80's I bought licenses at the Echols county courthouse, I don't remember if they asked for HSN or not. Fast forward to 2016 and I bought my license on line, I had to provide an HSN to complete the purchase. With everything computerized, once your user id is set up, you no longer are asked for anything other than your DL or other picture id.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I think part of the story was left out. Just because someone is different and there’s a group of y’all and you go to him while he’s in a deer stand and go to call him names and threading him as he is minding his own business.
I think one of the individuals was armed. Not sure can’t remember it all.
They did all that because he was foreign and deer hunting.

I think they pushed his button.
Not giving him a excuse.
Bottom line if your going to threaten someone. Arm yourself.
No, the thing that started it was that he was illegally trespassing and hunting on their private land and initially refused to leave. Hmong are notorious for not believing in private property. The fact that he shot first and shot most of them in the back rules out self defense. I think there was some racism going on in both directions there. That Wikipedia article linked has some different details from the original story.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
No, the thing that started it was that he was illegally trespassing and hunting on their private land and initially refused to leave. Hmong are notorious for not believing in private property. The fact that he shot first and shot most of them in the back rules out self defense. I think there was some racism going on in both directions there. That Wikipedia article linked has some different details from the original story.
It had been awhile sence I read the whole story. May of only got the 1st report. I was going from what I remembered from that year.
Well I guess still be armed. I knew he ran them down and shot them.
Sad old story.
Thanks for bring it all back out. ??

ryanh487

I was born in 67 and I've never been asked for mine to buy a lisence

It's not needed for renewals. It's tied to your social security number in the records so once you've provided it once they never ask again. It is still important to keep around though, as it is required for any out of state hunts and you never know when something will change or update that requires it again.

Well due to the silence from the usual DNR site creepers, my forgone conclusion is that the State does not check these folks for legitimacy and you are likely to be hunting next an illegal alien at your local WMA.........I guess they just don't want to know, so beware and advised.....

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
Well due to the silence from the usual DNR site creepers, my forgone conclusion is that the State does not check these folks for legitimacy and you are likely to be hunting next an illegal alien at your local WMA.........I guess they just don't want to know, so beware and advised.....
You don't have to be a citizen to buy a license and hunt:

You may select one of the following forms of identification from the pull down menu:
  • GADNR Customer ID - If you have previously purchased a hunting or fishing license, you were assigned a GADNR customer ID. You may use this ID as your third identifier.
  • Last Four of SSN - If you do not know your GADNR Customer ID, you may use the last four of your social security number to look up your existing account.
  • Other Document Type - If you know you already have a customer account, but cannot find your customer record with the GADNR Customer ID or last four of your SSN, you might have created your account with another type of document ID.
    You might have used one of the following document types:
    • U.S. Drivers License - If you could not find your customer account with your Social Security Number or GADNR Customer ID, you might have used your U.S. Driver's License. Enter your U.S. Driver's license number and select the issuing state.
    • Non U.S. Driver's License - If you are not a U.S. Resident or Citizen, you might have used your Non U.S. Driver's License. Enter your Non U.S. Driver's license number.
    • Green Card- If you are not a U.S Citizen, you might have used your Green Card. Enter your Green Card number.
    • Passport- It is possible that you might have used your Passport. Enter your Passport number.
    • U.S. Travel VISA - If you are visiting the United States, you may have have used your U.S. Travel VISA. Enter your U.S. Travel VISA number.

Twinkie .308

Elitist, separatist, insecure hate monger that thinks the world revolves around you. I am sure you have a tiny duck call. Pretty sure you're just a troll. No one should have even graced you with a response

Woah, hold on there Twinkie, I don't think it's unreasonable to want people to have legitimacy, compentency and ability to communicate while possessing a firearm on a dove field. So according to Killmaster a person can get a bogus drivers license from a sanctuary state and come to Georgia and legally obtain a hunting license. I don't think i'm very comfortable with that? I'm not any of the above.....just an American who made an observation at dove field......I do take my 2nd amendment rights very seriously and believe it is constantly under attack from the left and from people who would do us harm if they could deny us this right. I think anyone who possesses a firearm on dove field or anywhere in this country should be an American citizen and not some foreign national.....they should be required to take a hunters safety course in their home state that is reciprocal with Georgia. Looks like its real easy to get hunting license in Georgia.....just saying friend

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Woah, hold on there Twinkie, I don't think it's unreasonable to want people to have legitimacy, compentency and ability to communicate while possessing a firearm on a dove field. So according to Killmaster a person can get a bogus drivers license from a sanctuary state and come to Georgia and legally obtain a hunting license. I don't think i'm very comfortable with that? I'm not any of the above.....just an American who made an observation at dove field......I do take my 2nd amendment rights very seriously and believe it is constantly under attack from the left and from people who would do us harm if they could deny us this right. I think anyone who possesses a firearm on dove field or anywhere in this country should be an American citizen and not some foreign national.....they should be required to take a hunters safety course in their home state that is reciprocal with Georgia. Looks like its real easy to get hunting license in Georgia.....just saying friend
What about Americans who buy hunting licenses to go and hunt in other countries all over the world?

Thousands of Americans go to Argentina every year to dove hunt. Should they have to become Argentinian citizens and learn Spanish first? Should you have to go become a Namibian citizen and learn to speak San Bushman language before you go on a safari?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
What about Americans who buy hunting licenses to go and hunt in other countries all over the world?

Thousands of Americans go to Argentina every year to dove hunt. Should they have to become Argentinian citizens and learn Spanish first? Should you have to go become a Namibian citizen and learn to speak San Bushman language before you go on a safari?
That’s different!!!! We American Citizens!!!!
Ol Jim Shocky wouldn’t have a show would he. ?

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

We are there legally... :bounce:

acurasquirrel

I bet this thread would have never been started if it was a group of hunters from Norway speaking Norwegian.

Browning Slayer

They work hard & cheap and do whatever it is I tell them to do , unlike most people
If you are knowingly hiring illegals. You are part of the problem. You should be fined and thrown in jail.

Big7

The Oracle
What that demographic doesn't seem to understand, the resistance that they find in the rest of society would wither away to nothing if they would just speak English, or learn to speak it, they aren't in Mexico or latin America anymore, they should want to assimilate into this country if they want to live here, refusing to speak English doesn't help their situation.

WELL SAID.
Remember the ancient sayin

"When in Rome, do what the Romas do"
Change "Rome" in that instance to U.S.A..

That's a good perspective for ALL immigrants coming here to live by. Illegal or not. ?

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
I bet this thread would have never been started if it was a group of hunters from Norway speaking Norwegian.

That is very astute of you. The illegal Norwegian immigrants are so much less of a problem, not because of their inconsequential to non existent numbers, but rather because of the color of their skin.

acurasquirrel

Also I highly doubt they live here illegally. Possessing a firearm on a public dove field doesn’t seem like the best way to stay under the radar.

Browning Slayer

acurasquirrel

One anecdotal article doesn’t mean it’s a commonplace occurrence, and if it is great no we know where to round them up. I’d be willing to put money on them being here legally. Where I work they are quite a few Spanish speaking workers, who for the most part converse amongst themselves in Spanish, but can speak English. They all have to pass drug tests and FBI background checks (nuclear facility).
They probably just didn’t want to deal with the OP so they pretended to not speak English.

Browning Slayer

One anecdotal article doesn’t mean it’s a commonplace occurrence, and if it is great no we know where to round them up. I’d be willing to put money on them being here legally. Where I work they are quite a few Spanish speaking workers, who for the most part converse amongst themselves in Spanish, but can speak English. They all have to pass drug tests and FBI background checks (nuclear facility).
They probably just didn’t want to deal with the OP so they pretended to not speak English.

One article?? Pffftttt..

I can produce 10’s of thousands of articles showing how dumb your statement of “possessing a firearm on a public dove field isn’t really flying under the radar”..
So Illegals don’t go into government offices on a daily basis, get drivers licenses, government assistance and free healthcare? What in the world makes you think that going into a dove field would be such the big no-no? They expose them selfs daily driving around without insurance. How many get deported that have criminal records? Yep.. no way they would expose themselves to the threat of deportation.. sorry.. I don’t live in s bubble.