cellular trail cam recommendations

north_ga fireman

I am in the market for a cellular trail cam, been wanting one for our club as we were down this weekend putting in plots and have found signs of a trespasser/poacher. Which camera is the best for the money. Thanks in advance

sghoghunter

I only have experience with CovertWireless and Spypoint and I will say stay clear of Spypoint. Some love them but more hate them.

j_seph

Spypoint is working great for me

philtuts

Spypoint is a disaster. Steer clear. Cuddeback is great. I’ve heard great things about Bushnell and Covert as well.

Gut_Pile

Covert fan here. Have several friends that have them and everyone has been pleased.

Arrow3

I have 3 spypoints . 1 of them starting acting up and I have bounced 100 messages back and forth with their IT department but they can't seem to fix it. I've been asking to send it back but they are stalling in my opinion.

The other 2 work great.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Best thing to do is buy whatever from somewhere you can return it to. Save some headaches. Research how to use whatever you buy before deciding.

The Herd360 guy has a FB group page for Spartan, you can make a bogus FB account name and join it if you hate FB like I do. People swarm to help you there in minutes. Even notice some that are Spartan employees helping out.
Edit=Spartan GoCam Tips Tricks and Pics is the group.

Someone posted a forum earlier for the Cuddeback help page. I was reading it before they came to market.
Edit=Habitat Talk, I think is the forum

I don't own either. But, I'm researching my next move.

Last edited:

Sweet

Mike at Herd360 is Great..He will build custom external power at your specs...I have 3 of his solar panel battery boxes...I work abroad..Spartans have been out since February..Batteries are STILL FULL...Currently in PA..Getting Pictures From GA.Lease...Very Impressed...For Us Its Been A Good Experience..

KKirk

I picked up a spartan cam early last month. It works fine, except you cant on demand ask for a picture. Picture quality is alright. I am awaiting response from their support team as I bought the 1GB/3 month package on 9/6 and it charged me again on 9/23 saying I went over my 1GB in 17 days. It was only about 300-350 thumbnails sent(50-70kB a piece), 2 or 3 full size pictures, and one firmware update. No way that should have been anything more than 40MB. So we shall see how this turns out, hopefully their customer service is top notch.

No peekin

Spypoint evo,with good signal of course,we run 7 and no issues,now the mini is another story.Get at & t or Verizon depending on your area.

sghoghunter

That's one thing I like about Coverts. You buy a plan and you know upfront how many pics for that certain amount instead of getting so many MB or GB

shdw633

That's one thing I like about Coverts. You buy a plan and you know upfront how many pics for that certain amount instead of getting so many MB or GB

Now I know you know that you can get the unlimited plans on them Spypoints for only $10 a month per camera and don't have to worry about any MB or GB or how many pics you get per month and you can tailor your plans around how much you spend per month. They have the best plans as far as cell camera plans go in my opinion. Now the cameras take a little patience at times I ain't going to lie about that but still a good cam for the money if you can buy them right.

Last Minute

Well I would've said spypoint for the price as mine worked flawless until I paid for my plan. We've got 6 link micro's out and they all worked till I paid for the service. Now only 3 work and I've been going back and forth with customer service trying to get them to send me new cameras.... My only other experience is with Spartan and that's who I'd recommend. Their equipment works and they're in Georgia! Also their customer service is spot on

Arrow3

Well I would've said spypoint for the price as mine worked flawless until I paid for my plan. We've got 6 link micro's out and they all worked till I paid for the service. Now only 3 work and I've been going back and forth with customer service trying to get them to send me new cameras.... My only other experience is with Spartan and that's who I'd recommend. Their equipment works and they're in Georgia! Also their customer service is spot on
Are you getting put off and the run around? That's how I feel about they way theyve dealt with me.

NUTT

I bought 2 MoultrieMobile XA-7000i for my land in Illinois. So far they have both been flawless now up to 1500 pics. Can’t beat the price and customer service.