Ideal Hunting clothes

Mattval

Just doing some research. What are your ideal clothes for turkey hunting?
-Do yall like Chamois material for hunting clothes? jackets, shirts and pants?
-what is your ideal material for hunting clothes?
-Is a cotton/poly ok with yall
-I think Merino wool is best but it is expensive.

I do not mind mixing and matching camo patterns. I usually wear a black t-shirt. I have a very lite-weight button down Trebark camo Jacket. It is so lite weight that calling is a "jacket" is an overstatement. I wear either BDU woodland pants or walmart realtree pants.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Then just get yourself a BDU top to go with your pants...

All the high dollar fashion plate camo still ain't a bit better...

Buckman18

For my britches I tend to wear blue jeans, or earth tone Carhartt or Duluth Trading pants.

For my shirt, usually an earth tone long sleeve t-shirt, or maybe a camo long sleeve if it happens to be next in the rotation.

If it's cold, I'll wear a camo sweatshirt jacket, or if its really cold here in the mountains I'll wear an olive green Alaska Hardgear coat.

I do wear a face mask and gloves when its game on.

Camo style is way over-rated. Proper set up and woodsmanship are way more important.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I wear Realtree from Walmart and I like my bucket hat when it gets warm.......it keeps me in the shade. Need to find a new headnet though. Don’t like gaitor style face masks but prolly cause I got a big ole fat head!

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
For my britches I tend to wear blue jeans, or earth tone Carhartt or Duluth Trading pants.

For my shirt, usually an earth tone long sleeve t-shirt, or maybe a camo long sleeve if it happens to be next in the rotation.

If it's cold, I'll wear a camo sweatshirt jacket, or if its really cold here in the mountains I'll wear an olive green Alaska Hardgear coat.

I do wear a face mask and gloves when its game on.

Camo style is way over-rated. Proper set up and woodsmanship are way more important.

Yep.

crucible02

My hunting clothes are so mismatched. Sometimes it's Mossy Oak, sometimes its Realtree. Some of it is True Timber patterns. Some of it is just earth tones.

I also wear a mix of cotton, poly and merino wool.

In Georgia, I don't care as much about the material. But if I'm out west for an elk hunt, I usually leave the cotton at home.

Permitchaser

I've got so much camo! Mossy, realtree, ducksback ect. Depending on the weather. I have a thermal jump that zips up the front in old school Bloch camo that keeps me warm. During Turkey season it's regular cloths with a leafy gilly type outfit over the clothes

TJay

Camo overalls and a long sleeved shirt. I have a bucket hat with a built in face mask that I really like too. Pretty sure it's all cotton except for the hat.

chrislibby88

Merino wool pants from Firstlite. Holy moly do those things breath well when it’s hot, and they take the bite out of early season mornings. Expensive, but I don’t own another pair of pants that come close in terms of temp regulation, so worth every penny to me. I usually run merino on top in the early season, and a super lightweight synthetic shirt in the late season. As far as camo patterns, it’s whatever. Just pick something that blends well enough and stay still.

Mattval

My hunting clothes are so mismatched. Sometimes it's Mossy Oak, sometimes its Realtree. Some of it is True Timber patterns. Some of it is just earth tones.

I also wear a mix of cotton, poly and merino wool.

In Georgia, I don't care as much about the material. But if I'm out west for an elk hunt, I usually leave the cotton at home.
y
YES i GET THAT.

Mattval

Just doing some market research yall.

Kwaksmoka

i wear the lightest camo i can find, when i can find it on sale i usually grab something. used to have the mossy oak light shirt and pants, can't find the shirt anymore but still use the pants. i found the nomad this year on a big sale and purchased the stretch lite pants and shirt, that shirt is awesome for south ga turkey season, especially the last month of the season hunting afternoons, i know camo isn't the main issue but i like what i have

Gator89

It depends on where I am hunting. In Wisconsin I have worn my heavy deer hunting coveralls. In Florida, I have worn shorts.

But earth tone cotton pants and a similar T shirt is most common.

Whit90

I dont think there are ideal hunting clothes. just whatever keeps you warm, or cool, and breaks up your pattern.... which any camo will do.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I’m usually in a blind with a camera crew so I tend to wear what the wardrobe person lays out for me. We try to put the name logo on certain items as the camera zooms in on me. Like a yeti hat. Real tree sticker on truck window. Remington logo on shirt. Winchester TSSs on shirt. Thing in that nature. ?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I have started using a UV block spray on what ever I wear. I think I have noticed a difference in that. Or sometime it just don’t matter.