Living together..

zedex

Gator Bait
It's been 9 years since I lived with a woman, (other than my daughter),but BabyDoll and I talked last weekend and she started moving in yesterday.

I'm glad she is moving in, dont get me wrong. I am happy, excited, calm when she is here. I love every moment together.

But, dang if she ain't got about the world's largest collection of clothes, especially socks. Probably more than 200 pairs, from almost not a sock all the way up to thigh high. And make up stuff.... lordy, the makeup stuff !!! And skin care products.

Work clothes, street clothes, evening dresses, party clothes, sweat shirts, sweaters, jackets, and all the other stuff.

I told her that I could compare her clothes and makeup stuff to ALL other women I've dated/lived with combined and she has more. I didnt mean it in a bad way-- I really don't care. Then she said she only brought about 25% so far...

Do yall's wives/girlfriends have that much stuff, too??

I don't mind, don't care about how much she has, I really don't. It's just that I haven't seen this much clothing and beauty products in one place other than places like Walmart or JC Penney. But, there is an upside to it, I guess... she and my daughter wear the same size clothes and shoes. The funniest part is my daughter is going to the same high school and BabyDoll still has her lettered high school clothes like sweaters, jacket hoodies and shorts.. and my daughter will be wearing those, too.

That I found a gal that ain't interested in changing me is great. We share a lot of the same hobbies and activities and she loves the snakes and motorcycles/riding. That is what I insisted on.... I'm nobody's project. Instead, we feed of each other's energy. Where we differ is where we are the strongest together and where we are similar, we bond better.

The only dangerous ground in difference is in the political theater. She was raised a liberal. We agreed we are different but respect the other's opinions and we will not discuss that topic.

Big difference in age, of course. But, I guess that doesn't matter. She is happy and content. She works hard and knows she is loved, adored and cherished. I work hard and know she loves me, loves being here. That makes me happy. When my daughter turns 18, we plan on leaving Canada. BabyDoll wants to come with us to the states.

So, it may very well be 3 of us heading south of the border in 4 years. And, she may be wearing my last name. We've discussed this, too

Redbow

How many pairs of shoes does she have? A friend of mine years ago that I used to work with his Wife had over 200 pairs of shoes . He thought it was ridiculous but they never argued over the shoes that his Wife had. I don't know how many pairs of socks she had. I do know lots of women love clothes and make up products of all kinds.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Just how big is your closet? She might need so of it for the 75% that remains to be brought into this relationship. :LOL:

Best of the future to the three of you.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Get used to it brother, Imelda Marcos had nothing on my wife’s shoe collection. One person couldn’t wear that many shoes out in a life time. Further, she has clothes scattered from the master closet and two other closets.

Im glad she don’t keep close inventory of my fishing gear, it works out.B4ED6CC0-E0A1-4340-930E-CE79A5691E52.jpeg

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Z, I feel you, bro.

When I divorced, I basically had to throw out or donate several closetfuls of shoes and clothes, as my ex said 'take care of it, I've got all I want'. The guy at the local good will knew me by name when he saw me coming. I don't think I really ever realized just how much she had.

Conversely, I moved in with my 'baby doll' a few months ago, and we both went from bigger houses with lots of closets, to a 1000 sft apartment with two small closets. No problem for me, as I've got about 5 pairs of shoes, 4 pairs of jeans, and a week's worth of socks & such (no offense meant @EAGLE EYE 444), but she's had to pare down what she keeps in the closet and what stored in boxes in the attic. I'm luck she's not a '200 shoe' kind'a gal. It's a little tight, but so far, we're making it work.

Maybe you can have a conex box dropped out back?

Sounds like you've found a good one. Not sure I could deal with the differing politics, but more power to you both. Love conquers all, right?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
The camo clothing my wife has. Believe some of it was mine. Then there’s mud boots. Snake boots. Work boots. Fishing shoes. Then her turkey gun. Deer rifles. Her crossbow. Now the fishing stuff takes up over have the boat. She always has a rod and reel with her. She won’t let me bait her hook or take the fish off.
Her deer heads take up wall space too.
I feel your pain.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
The camo clothing my wife has. Believe some of it was mine. Then there’s mud boots. Snake boots. Work boots. Fishing shoes. Then her turkey gun. Deer rifles. Her crossbow. Now the fishing stuff takes up over have the boat. She always has a rod and reel with her. She won’t let me bait her hook or take the fish off.
Her deer heads take up wall space too.
I feel your pain.

I envy you in one way KMc, in another, I’m glad my wife doesn’t know much about my toys. She does love to fish, kayak, but hunting is not her thing.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
However much stuff she has, good luck Zedex! I hope it works out and y'all are both happily living in the US in a few years.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
So what’s the age difference ?

Deerhead

Yeah I feel your pain and live it too. My wife, who I love deeply... She has every closet in the house full of her cloths and shoes. Some closets are so full you can not get anything else in.

And she complains when I buy hunting stuff. LOL

ryanh487

I have an entire bedroom in my house full of hunting and fishing gear, guns, ammo, and reloading equipment. My master closet is only about 1/3 full with my daily clothes and shoes and I have an entire empty dresser as well. My last GF that I broke up with a few months ago said "man I couldn't live here with you, your closet is way too small. I have 4 closets filled at my house". She only wore like 5 outfits and maybe 3 pairs of shoes in 4 months of dating. She was just a clothes hoarder. Big red flag.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Bout gave me a heart attack.

I really can’t complain. I bought three large wall lockers from a school that ordered the wrong size. I have all three of those in the basement stuffed with my hunting gear. My fishing takes up a large shelving unit. The yak stays in a spot in the garage. :ROFLMAO:

zedex

Gator Bait
I dont know how many shoes she has.... yet. I reckon I will know soon enough. Bedroom closet will have to be vacated of my clothes, camping gear. I dont have many clothes.. never saw the need. More work clothes than anything, some decent street clothes and a few suits.

Personally, I think it's funny how many clothes women have. Even my daughter has more clothes than she has dresser space for. ..

As far as me buying man toys, I really don't do that anymore. Haven't bought a gun in a year. No desire to. Last month, I gave my ex-wife 6 rifles. I dont use them, no point keeping the clutter. Haven't bought fishing gear in a couple years. It's been a year since I bought a motorcycle.

I've actually been getting rid of a lot of stuff. Aside from tools, if I haven't used it in a year, it's gone.

So, I have space for her things. Last weekend, I found out how many clothes my daughter has and I thought that was a lot. She donated 8 large plastic bins crammed full of clothing. And she still has 3 dressers full plus 3 large bins. I maybe have to buy more bins for BabyDoll.

I like being a simple man.