Not too bad for a couple of old fellas

Havana Dude

Me and a great friend, cut, split, piled, loaded a bunch of firewood today. There is more than is what is in pics. We are both in our late 50’s.

Attachments

• D1E81F18-AC15-40D6-81E8-EFB39D9C87B4.jpeg
    D1E81F18-AC15-40D6-81E8-EFB39D9C87B4.jpeg
    792 KB · Views: 121
  • 03418331-0225-4456-A624-5521D20FD025.jpeg
    03418331-0225-4456-A624-5521D20FD025.jpeg
    377.8 KB · Views: 121

buckmanmike

I try to help the youngins at camp these days. You know like drive the tractor pulling the trailer. Get it close to the cut down tree. Close to where thier splitting. Its hard to do, takes special knowledge.

Redbow

Lots of hard work involved there but try it at 76 years of age. The Wife and I had to cut up a big oak tree that blew down in our yard about 6 weeks ago, that wasn't much fun at our age. She is 73.

Havana Dude

Lots of hard work involved there but try it at 76 years of age. The Wife and I had to cut up a big oak tree that blew down in our yard about 6 weeks ago, that wasn't much fun at our age. She is 73.
Awesome sir. I have a lot of back problems. At 76, I’ll probably be bed ridden. I do what I can while I can.

Redbow

Awesome sir. I have a lot of back problems. At 76, I’ll probably be bed ridden. I do what I can while I can.

Sometimes with my back and right hip I get in bed and just rest for a while. I'm worn out but thank the good Lord I can still get around but I don't have much energy and no stamina. We took our time on the oak tree my tree man that I use has quit because he can't get any help, no one wants to work anymore or don't have to. The two guys he had hired to help him with his tree business quit I guess ole Liden pays them to stay at home. I would have been glad to pay to get the tree cut up but everyone is rich now days but me.

Havana Dude

At 49, I don't think late 50's is old......
I agree 100%. I’m 56, been doing manual labor since I was 13, 9 if you count mowing 20 yards during the summer. I spent 29 years getting out of bed at night helping folks. My back has been abused over 40 years. At this point in my life, I’m limited as to what I can do. I’m 4 back surgeries in, but I still go. It’s a daily struggle. I want so bad to go work at the feed store down the road, or the local Stones hardware. But if I can’t promise a man a good days work for a decent wage, I ain’t doing it.

GeorgiaGlockMan

Nice work!

I like running a chain saw too.

Good thing.

I been cutting up a monstrous red oak for the last few weekends..

At 58, it ain't for the meek. My chainsaw blisters have blisters.

Wish I had a splitter.

DannyW

Me and a great friend, cut, split, piled, loaded a bunch of firewood today. There is more than is what is in pics. We are both in our late 50’s.

I know the feeling. Here is a picture of the wood me and a buddy, both in our 60's, split last fall. He rented a splitter from Lowes and got a brand new one. I had never used a splitter and was quite impressed...we split more wood in 4 hours than we could have done in 4 days using a maul.

Firewood.jpg

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
If any of you wood cutters/haulers/splitters/stackers need any supervision, give me a call. I am good at it and work for coffee and conversation wth a little humor in it.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Sinclair1 would just rub $400 together and poof - firewood appears.