Cutting Firewood

Dirtroad Johnson

The wife & I have been cutting & splitting firewood here lately to cure for next winter, I do all the chainsaw cutting & we both load & split the wood to our liking.
Have been cutting with a gas Stihl 250 in the past but no more. I purchased a battery powered 60 volt Greenworks & man that thing is powerful & will cut anything the Stihl would. I bought another 1 for backup & extra battery after seeing how user friendly they are. No wasting time pulling on a rope to your tongue's hanging out. I'm sure there's several brands that would do the job also.
I will not be using a gas chainsaw anymore going forward.

sinclair1

I have Greenwooks blower and edger. Will add the chainsaw soon.

I have the 60v at home and the 80v at work and can’t really tell a difference

My Stihl is on year 16 so longevity will probably stay with the gas saws.
My green works blower is 4 years old.

B. White

I've got a little gas Husqvarna I've never been real happy with and an 80s model Poulan 4000 bow saw that is too big for most of what I have and heavy. I started looking at little electric ones, but it wasn't that much more to get what I thought would outdo the Husqvarna.

After watching some folks doing some comparisons I got an Echo 18". One guy did a pretty good comparison of different cut times through different types of wood, battery life, usable bar length, etc. I don't think the Echo came in first in any of it, but it was usually in the top for each category out of five saws, so it looked like a good all around option for the money. I haven't used it much yet, but so far it has run through water oak faster as fast as any gas saw that size. I'll be happy with it if the battery holds up like the ones have for some cheap I've got.

Dirtroad Johnson

I've got a little gas Husqvarna I've never been real happy with and an 80s model Poulan 4000 bow saw that is too big for most of what I have and heavy. I started looking at little electric ones, but it wasn't that much more to get what I thought would outdo the Husqvarna.

After watching some folks doing some comparisons I got an Echo 18". One guy did a pretty good comparison of different cut times through different types of wood, battery life, usable bar length, etc. I don't think the Echo came in first in any of it, but it was usually in the top for each category out of five saws, so it looked like a good all around option for the money. I haven't used it much yet, but so far it has run through water oak faster as fast as any gas saw that size. I'll be happy with it if the battery holds up like the ones have for some cheap I've got.
Mine are 18" also, they will cut some nice size trees in a liitle bit. :cheers:

Triple C

Love the Greenworks brand. I'm sure others are good as well.

The Greenworks 60V leaf blower runs circles around my Stihl battery blower. Have the lawn edger in 60V and the hedge trimmer in 80V. I can't run the battery down on the 80V before I'm too tired to do any more trimming.

Soon to add their pole saw as my old Oregon battery pole saw from 2013 has seen it's better days. Chainsaw on the horizon.