The last country singer...

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
Waylon is dead. We gotta deal with it. Don't be bitter. If you can't see that Tyler is more authentic than anybody inthe last 40 years, I don't know what to tell you. Porter Wagner was bubblegum pop, BTW.
I think you are wound to dang tight, lighten up a bit...lol

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
I'm actually comparing the old school to the new, that's not really fair. I may have overlooked several folks that are dang good.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Josh Turner...and Family doing a Christmas show right now on UPTV. Wife playing the drums and 4 preteen boys on every instrument made ;) It's been an enjoyable hr.

GT90

Waylon is dead. We gotta deal with it. Don't be bitter. If you can't see that Tyler is more authentic than anybody inthe last 40 years, I don't know what to tell you. Porter Wagner was bubblegum pop, BTW.
The ability to use Pandora or some other music streaming application opens up the ability to experience a lot of new musicians. I use Pandora and when I ask to hear "Tyler Childers" radio a whole new group of young musicians that are definitely not "pop" comes up. For the most part they sound great and I liken them to some of the past soulful country singers. They sound good and I throw them on when prepping dinner or grilling, among other times. Glad there are that type of up and coming country artists.

ucfireman

Has Alan Jackson done anything lately?
I really like his stuff, simple but traditional (mostly).
Chris Ledoux is dead but his son sounds just like him. Don't know his name though.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
As far as overall talent Willie Nelson and Bill Anderson are hard to beat.

I bet both make Millions each year on writer royalties.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Has Alan Jackson done anything lately?
I really like his stuff, simple but traditional (mostly).
Chris Ledoux is dead but his son sounds just like him. Don't know his name though.
Alan is just happy to get up out of bed these days...dealing with a terrible condition. His recent appearance on the CMT show was painful to watch.

earlthegoat2

I’m too young for the days of the “real” country music but my knee jerk and first answer is Alan Jackson. He never went over to the hip hop country.

IMO, Garth Brooks is the one who started the demise of country music even though I do like his music. He blended country and rock and roll which facilitated the transition to the modern day hip hop country.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Some version of this question gets asked every few months and I get tired of posting the same answer over and over. It’s out there. But you’ve got to want to find it and get over the fact that these guys are new. If you don’t want new country singers making good music then just listen to the old stuff. Nothing wrong with that.