The last country singer...

Gator89

I wish it was closer to me,he’s on my list to see! Report back to us on how it was

I first saw him on the Outlaw Country Cruise in 2016. Saw him again on the boat in 2020. He was supposed to be on the 2023 cruise, but cancelled at the last minute.

He came to Duluth when I was living in Peachtree Corners. Red Clay Music Foundry has some good shows.

Big7

The Oracle
WMOQ out of Monroe/Bostwick plays real country.

I don't know if they stream or not. If you are in the listening area, tune into 92.3
You can pick them up in Athens and surrounding areas.

There are a few good stations left in N. Georgia mountains but I don't know their frequency.

slow motion

Steel Drivers are good though may technically be blue grass. Not good with genres.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I’m too young for the days of the “real” country music but my knee jerk and first answer is Alan Jackson. He never went over to the hip hop country.

IMO, Garth Brooks is the one who started the demise of country music even though I do like his music. He blended country and rock and roll which facilitated the transition to the modern day hip hop country.
It started way before Garth.I’d give more credit to bands like Alabama for starting the country pop sound. I was a big fan and bought their first 4 albums. They were my first concert. That was 1984 and juice Newton opened for them.

slow motion

Aaron Lewis is another good one but a lot of his songs have the occasional swear word.
Everybody Talks to God

They Call Me Doc is a good one that he sings also. It was written through the Creativets program helping veterans use music as a form of therapy. Can't link it but give it a listen. Don't think you'll be disappointed.

Screenshot_20230222-125617_Chrome.jpg

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Was listening to Ian Noe’s last one while I was cooking supper. If I go a little while without listening to it and come back I’m knocked over by how good that album is every time.

Big7

The Oracle
John Connely

Big7

The Oracle
Vern Gosden

Big7

The Oracle
Patty Loveless.

She started Bluegrass ten made a few country albums and now she's back to Bluegrass