short but scientific vid focusing on Creationist cliches

WaltL1

I don’t spend time thinking about and trying to disprove things I don’t believe are real. I just don’t think about them. This dumb forum goes in the same circle all the time. Rent free.
yawn

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
With all due respect, in my opinion you and others have totally missed the point of this forum and of Apologetics.
NOBODY IS GOING TO PROVE OR DISPROVE "GOD". Any attempt to do so is a fools errand.
To me, and its quite possible Im in the wrong here....... its just opposing beliefs/view points debating each other on one of the most important subjects in our history. Probably the most important or that which has had the most effect on history.
Maybe I'm here for the wrong reasons. I didnt know I was supposed to be disproving something that only exists through faith.
Respectfully, I wasn’t trying to prove or disprove anything. Frankly, I’m not interested. If an interesting topic pops up down here I’ll drop by and participate. This one doesn’t interest me. It was a clear attack of believers and nothing more from the beginning. It wasn’t a discussion disproving beliefs, it dealt with “cliches.” I respect everyone’s opinion but don't wee on my shoes and tell me it’s raining.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Do I ever say "all believers" when I talk about believers, or do I say "some" or "most"? Many (not all) apologists very much broad-brush all atheists as a monolithic group that believe X, Y and Z or think X, Y and Z and make outrageous claims like "there are no atheists! Everybody KNOWS that God (their god of course) exists but they just reject him. They just want to sin. The evidence is everywhere but they won't believe it." As for "coming on strong" I don't think I have ever claimed that people who don't believe what I believe should suffer eternal torment, whereas the average Christian televangelist makes their living with such claims. To me that is a significant difference.
Sir, you and Jimmy Swaggart are cut from the same cloth just different perspectives. I don’t know why it bothers you what anyone believes. I certainly don't care what your position is and have no interest in sharing mine with you. Just FYI, telling someone their fools or lacking in some way for their beliefs is equivalent, just a different message.

WaltL1

Respectfully, I wasn’t trying to prove or disprove anything. Frankly, I’m not interested. If an interesting topic pops up down here I’ll drop by and participate. This one doesn’t interest me. It was a clear attack of believers and nothing more from the beginning. It wasn’t a discussion disproving beliefs, it dealt with “cliches.” I respect everyone’s opinion but don't wee on my shoes and tell me it’s raining.
Respectfully, I wasn’t trying to prove or disprove anything
I know you werent. I was just responding to the "waste of time" stuff.
If an interesting topic pops up down here I’ll drop by and participate.
Fair enough. There is alot of ways to participate without "proving" or "disproving".
but don't wee on my shoes and tell me it’s raining.
I slip on my rubber boots before logging in :bounce:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I know you werent. I was just responding to the "waste of time" stuff.

Fair enough. There is alot of ways to participate without "proving" or "disproving".

I slip on my rubber boots before logging in :bounce:
I seen that. :bounce:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Sir, you and Jimmy Swaggart are cut from the same cloth just different perspectives. I don’t know why it bothers you what anyone believes. I certainly don't care what your position is and have no interest in sharing mine with you. Just FYI, telling someone their fools or lacking in some way for their beliefs is equivalent, just a different message.
In all honesty, isn't that what happens in the Political Forum every minute of every day?
It doesn't seem to be a problem when the place is filled with like minded individuals...it's just a problem when a handful of other like minded individuals are expressing their views.
I have to believe that the individual forums were put in place for certain reasons. One that most stands out is creating specific places for interested people to discuss specific topics. Those that choose to participate do so knowing that not everything discussed will be something that they like or agree with, but those that choose to be involved can carry on conversations with solid points, counterpoints and everyone is left with something to think about along the way. This AAA forum seems to get the most flack by those who admit that they have zero interest in it, cannot or won't contribute to the topic at hand, and flat out think that the thread, participants and the entire forum is dumb. And they pop-in participate to disrupt whatever conversation is taking place because they don't like it.
That wouldn't be allowed to fly in any other forum. No non-believer in any sort of god goes a few floors up and crashes a thread with the sole purpose of telling them that they shouldn't talk about their beliefs in god because if they truly believed God was real they wouldn't have to constantly talk about it. Nobody tells them that their conversations are dumb. Nobody pops in to claim that pro god discussions are degrading, disrespectful, or insulting to those that don't beleive.
Most A A's dont go up there because they know it isn't the place for them.
Why is it different for the AAA forum?

WaltL1

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Agreed. I would stay away and never come back.
That's why I stay out of the Comedic, One and Done, Most Interesting Man in the World forum.
I know my lane.

Last edited:

WaltL1

Sir, you and Jimmy Swaggart are cut from the same cloth
I think I would rather be beat with a tire iron than have somebody say that ^ to me :rofl:

oldfella1962

I think I would rather be beat with a tire iron than have somebody say that ^ to me :rofl:
Credit where credit is due - Jimmy "the Teflon preacher" Swaggart is The Man! Not that I've ever tried it, but could I get caught not once but twice with my hand in the cookie jar, then cry like I just dived headfirst into a baptismal pool filled with chopped onions in front of my family & followers and gain respect in the process? :unsure:
Kenneth "I need more jets" Copeland wishes he had the charm & chutzpah to pull that off! :ROFLMAO:

As for some folks thinking that the AAA Forum is a waste of time & brain cells, consider this: waaaaaaay back in the day educated Rabbis used to have heated & lengthy discussions over whether Yahweh had a foreskin. :unsure:
Hear me out! Adam (the first human) had a foreskin - presumably - and since humans are made in Yahwehs image, did Yahweh have one too?

My point is the AAA is not just about "religion bashing" it's about the deeper questions & issues that involve humanity's spiritual quest. If Yahweh's best & brightest debated about foreskins, it only makes sense that the average person will have all kinds of thoughts & opinions to share - in a respectful manner of course - concerning a variety of religious themed topics in 2023 CE......or 2023 AD if that's how somebody wants to phrase it.

swaggart.jpgcopeland.jpg

oldfella1962

In all honesty, isn't that what happens in the Political Forum every minute of every day?
It doesn't seem to be a problem when the place is filled with like minded individuals...it's just a problem when a handful of other like minded individuals are expressing their views.
I have to believe that the individual forums were put in place for certain reasons. One that most stands out is creating specific places for interested people to discuss specific topics. Those that choose to participate do so knowing that not everything discussed will be something that they like or agree with, but those that choose to be involved can carry on conversations with solid points, counterpoints and everyone is left with something to think about along the way. This AAA forum seems to get the most flack by those who admit that they have zero interest in it, cannot or won't contribute to the topic at hand, and flat out think that the thread, participants and the entire forum is dumb. And they pop-in participate to disrupt whatever conversation is taking place because they don't like it.
That wouldn't be allowed to fly in any other forum. No non-believer in any sort of god goes a few floors up and crashes a thread with the sole purpose of telling them that they shouldn't talk about their beliefs in god because if they truly believed God was real they wouldn't have to constantly talk about it. Nobody tells them that their conversations are dumb. Nobody pops in to claim that pro god discussions are degrading, disrespectful, or insulting to those that don't beleive.
Most A A's dont go up there because they know it isn't the place for them.
Why is it different for the AAA forum?
Those are fair and reasonable points! (y)

ambush80

With all due respect, in my opinion you and others have totally missed the point of this forum and of Apologetics.
NOBODY IS GOING TO PROVE OR DISPROVE "GOD". Any attempt to do so is a fools errand.
To me, and its quite possible Im in the wrong here....... its just opposing beliefs/view points debating each other on one of the most important subjects in our history. Probably the most important or that which has had the most effect on history.
Maybe I'm here for the wrong reasons. I didnt know I was supposed to be disproving something that only exists through faith.
I've tried pretty hard to prove the existence of God, if not only in my own mind. I believe that attempting to make the strongest argument for all sides of a contentious topic will yield not only the most well informed, but also the most solidly defensible opinion on it. I know why all the believers believe and why the non-believers don't. Most of the disagreement is on the validity of the evidence because much of the evidence on the side of belief is personal and subjective.