What's the weirdest thing you've found while hunting?

BANDERSNATCH

I found two lovers who thought they had found a place of solitude!!! LOL I was rabbit hunting at the time and walked up on a truck, in the middle of the woods. As I got closer, I could see that it was two teenagers (I was only about 10 at the time) I backed off....coughed to let them know I was near, and they grabbed their blanket and clothes and jumped in the truck and drove off. Not sure why, but the guy looked really disappointed when they drove by me leaving!

Still think finding the dead people takes the cake!

Bandy

kcausey

Banned
Stuff

I found a Black Bear skull 3 years ago in MONROE county while scouting.

Last year i found about 30 pot plants growing in plastic cups about 10 feet off of the Bond Swamp NWR property line.......i just kicked them over and nicely watered them.

Handgunner

letsgohuntin said:
I guess the strangest thing I have found was a
hydraulic jack. One of the big ones with wheels.

I assume someone stole it from a nearby farming operation, and then decided it was too heavy to carry any further, so they left it in the woods. :crazy:

The coolest thing I ever found was a piece of pottery...
This one particular property we leased a few years ago was covered with indian pottery... we even stopped picking it up because it was so common to find several pieces. Anyways, I did find this one particular piece that was the rim of the bowl/pot. You can clearly see the makers fingerprint that she left in the mud before it was dried out. No big deal I guess, but I just find it intresting to have something so "personal" from someone that lived hundreds of years ago. :clap:
I've got a couple peices like that... with finger impressions in them and a couple of peices where the indian took a corn cob and rolled in the clay while it was still wet and used that as a design... I also have a peice where it looks like they used a walnut or peach seed to roll into the pottery for a design...

Neat finding pottery...

duke13

I found an old plastic flashlight yesterday way down in a bottom at Chattahoochee WMA with a bunch of tooth marks on the sides and the bottom end chewed off by a bear. Wonder what happened to the owner?

coon dawg

GONetwork Member

a freshly burned up human body with a huge crack in it's skull..........way back in the mountain. :(

holadude

I saw a deer with an orange vest on it. Turned out to be a decoy that the game commission used to catch road hunters. The orange was only visible on the woods side of the deer.

holadude

Also, years ago in Boy Scouts, we canoed in Canada. We were way back some secluded river when another canoe appeared in front of us. As we got closer we realized it was a fully nude woman and her dog! She didn't seem to mindnotice a bit that 25 boy scouts and leaders had their jaws dragging the water.
She just said, "How are you doing boys? Nice day today."
No one even thought to get a picture.

gordylew

walked up on a guy carrying a chain saw in the middle of the woods. Only problem was his chain saw was an electric model. I guess he forgot his mile of extension cord.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I found a weather balloon with the instrument package still attached one year in the middle of the Oconne National forest. Called the number on the back and the NOAA gave me the info to send it to them.

I also found a spot that had 10-12 USED tampons hanging about 2-3 feet off the ground in the trees. This was also in the Oconee NF. Got the heck out of there since I didn't know if it was some kind of devil worship thing or something.

Mrs. Arrow3

Dutch said:
I also found a spot that had 10-12 USED tampons hanging about 2-3 feet off the ground in the trees. This was also in the Oconee NF. Got the heck out of there since I didn't know if it was some kind of devil worship thing or something.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That's the funniest thing I've ever heard! I don't blame you, I would've gotten the heck outta Dodge too! ::gone:

WLMIII

When I was a kid we went dove hunting at dawn on a Sunday morning and found a guy that had flipped his truck on the side of the dirt road we were hunting next too. It had thrown him half way out the window and the truck rolled over on him, we were 16 and 17 year old kids when things don't really sink in so it did not really bother me much. Took for ever for the police to get there and then when they got there we had to help him roll the truck over. Would not want to see that again, especially now that I have a son.

Fishin & Hunting

Same old stuff

Marijuana patch and lovers when I was young.

When my friend and I found the lovers beside a stream next to a cliff on one side and trout steam on the other side. We went up on the cliff and lit a couple packs of firecrackers we just happened to have down the cliff over their heads. Not too sure I would have cared for that if it was me doing the spooning.

Once while fishing on the Missouri River I found a complete stone Indian necklace in the sand. The leather or string that had held it together had rotted and was missing. Gave everyone in the fishing party a couple of the stones. Wish I had kept it all together now.

huntingdad

Back in 1966 while salmon fishing with my dad in Alaska, I bent down to tie my boot lace and saw a knife handle sticking out of the ground. I pulled it out and it had a blade about 7 inches long. We were a couple miles from the road. I saw the same knife last year at Bass Pro, it is made by Puma.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Came across a crashed airplane on Rich Mountain WMA back in the 70's. It had been there a while and the locals all knew it was there but it was sort of freaky to find. The sheriff said a plane had be missing over the area for several days and one morning he was at his kitchen sink and looked out and saw the sun glinting off someting on the mountain. He went to investigate and found the crash site. They removed the bodies and left the plane there. Several years later I came across it. When I came out I asked the sheriff about it and he told me the story.

LJay

Retired Mod
balloon

Dutch said:
I found a weather balloon with the instrument package still attached one year in the middle of the Oconne National forest. Called the number on the back and the NOAA gave me the info to send it to them.

I found a weather baloon once in Oconee County.

Years ago, there was a story about a buck attacking a lady that was in her (time). Some people started using tampons as a lure. I'm sure that's what you happened upon. Anyone else remember that?

Jorge

Dutch said:

I know a few fellow hunters that use them for scent lures. They keep them in film canisters saturated with doe pee and tie them to trees in their hunting areas.

coon dawg

GONetwork Member

Jorge said:
I know a few fellow hunters that use them for scent lures. They keep them in film canisters saturated with doe pee and tie them to trees in their hunting areas.
I found a pair of underwear, a green t shirt, and a pile of dung one time......... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jorge

coon dawg said:
I found a pair of underwear, a green t shirt, and a pile of dung one time......... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
We need to retrieve that shirt, have it cleaned and framed and give it to most deserving member at the end of each season. Kind of a perpetual trophy kind of thing. What do you think?

coon dawg

GONetwork Member

Jorge said:
We need to retrieve that shirt, have it cleaned and framed and give it to most deserving member at the end of each season. Kind of a perpetual trophy kind of thing. What do you think?
a great idea, Jorge...............most buttonheads, smallest deer, or any occurance that might warrant this prestigious award..........."The Green Shirt"......lol :cheers: :bounce: :bounce:

Latest posts