Slingshot Deer Hunting

BowHard

Banned
Today I saw an interesting video on Dave Canteberrys youtube channel and I believe Ill give it a shot......yes.... Deer hunting with a slingshot and a arrow!!!! :pop::cheers:

The Idea of mastering such a primitive weapon and harvesting an animal with it has me so intruiged that I plan to pick it up in the offseason and practice so ill be ready!!
Anybody else up for the challenge or has already killed deer with a slingshot?????

BowChilling

The slingbow? Be fun to squirrel hunt with! And it'd be a challenge too!

I've thought about building one because they look like fun.

rocinante

I am building one to play with. Trying to find out exactly how I want to do an arrow guide. I am cheap and biscuits are not so I am still brain storming.

jabb06

sounds like alot of fun.be sure & post some pics or videos

The Arrow Guru

there are some videos of a guy in Hawaii killing hogs with one. Kinda coo. I think I would like to try a ladle ladle too.

kbuck1

I am building one to play with. Trying to find out exactly how I want to do an arrow guide. I am cheap and biscuits are not so I am still brain storming.

You can use a toilet brush head. The one with the hollow center with the bristles

bowsmith

there are some videos of a guy in Hawaii killing hogs with one. Kinda coo. I think I would like to try a ladle ladle too.

You mean atlatl?

FULL_DRAW

Look up falcon archery, they sell a sling bow that has a rest and sight bracket.

Arrowhead95

Better make sure it has whatever the minimum poundage is for big game animals in your state if your gonna try it.

satchmo

atlatl are illegal to kill big game. probably same with these
They are not legal now, but it probably won't be long before they(atlatl) are legal. They are legal in Alabama and Missouri to hunt big game with(Missouri also allows air rifles during the gun season for deer ).
There are a few bows out there that are not much bigger than a slingshot/wristrocket. I am sure it won't be long before we have a slingshot section on this forum. Bolo's,boomarangs and so fourth.

PassingThrough

If you are serious check this guy out. He is the slingshot guru I guess you might say and makes his own big game slingshots. Shows video of game being taken with this thing. Might be ok for warm weather but cold might do it in. Rubber doesn't stretch as well in cold weather. But here you go.

[URL="http://www.chiefaj.com/"][/URL]

Dang we can't even post links anymore...go to www.chiefaj.com

Apex Predator

Shoot one through a chronograph first. I could get more power from a 25# fiberglass recurve.