I hate hogs & yotes!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

asc

We use to have them terribly bad until they let hog doggers hunt them year around. Now they are under control and you rarely see any. I hate hogs with a passion and kill everyone of them I see. I curse the Spanish settlers everytime I see a wild hog..
Yep,we shoot every one we see too. Gut shoot the ones you don't want to keep so you ain't got to break a sweat dragging them out of your plot or from under a feeder.

olcowman

Hillbilly Philosopher
Yep,we shoot every one we see too. Gut shoot the ones you don't want to keep so you ain't got to break a sweat dragging them out of your plot or from under a feeder.

I don't believe i would have posted that? Ain't nothing to brag about...

thomas the redneck

cant stand a wild hog or a yote i would like to push a button and send every lovin one of them to the yankees

throwdown

Billy, I was born and raised in Lee County Fl, and I 100% agree to everything you are saying. My family has trapped for Barry groves for the past 48 years, "long before my time". But I just came back from a visit with my dad and asked how many hogs in total have been caught with the family dogs through out all that time and my dad broke his leger book out and stated "638,333" hogs caught and killed to date!!!! I grew up running them and can tell you that they will destroy Ga if there not all killed!

And Olcowman, I am with you. Like it or not all of god's creatures deserve to die a quick death.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I must be the only guy on the forum that loves feral hogs.
I couldn't careless if there were any turkeys.
I love to shoot hogs though.

That being said, I have never had land with a hog problem so I might change my tune if that were to happen.

Billy336's place sounds like dream property to me. Count me in on hunting there!

Last edited:

neal

I could not agree more. We had hogs on our last place----they tore up everything they could not eat, and our deer hunting went to crap. Once you get them on your property, it's time to do a little "Aggressive Hog Management".....:shoot:

olcowman

Hillbilly Philosopher
That's an opinion and to each their own sir.

It really used to not be an opinion, or even an option where I was brought up? We was raised better than that and were taught it was our obligation to dispatch any animal as quickly and as effectively as possible.

I am not going to stir this anymore but if you don't see anything wrong with jumping on a forum populated by sportsmen (well it used to be anyway) and bragging about 'gut-shooting' an animal... never mind. I am tired of being the only one... I am starting to get ashamed to call myself a hunter. Keep gut-shooting them all... and keep letting everyone know how much you enjoy it! The lack of ethics and mindset of folks like you are eroding all our rights and casting all hunters in a bad light with those that don't hunt? Don't worry the next generation will probably be even worse...

T.P.

Banned
I am not going to stir this anymore but if you don't see anything wrong with jumping on a forum populated by sportsmen (well it used to be anyway) and bragging about 'gut-shooting' an animal... never mind. I am tired of being the only one... I am starting to get ashamed to call myself a hunter. Keep gut-shooting them all... and keep letting everyone know how much you enjoy it! The lack of ethics and mindset of folks like you are eroding all our rights and casting all hunters in a bad light with those that don't hunt? Don't worry the next generation will probably be even worse...

They'll never get it.:huh:

peanutman04

RATTLESNAKE WRANGLER
i hate hawgs and yotes too, but i'm with you olcowman. every HUNTER should try to make a quick and humane kill on all gods creatures.

TheSnail

I hunt Pine Log WMA, and they have a poo ton of yotes. Though what boggles my mind, is that this year you can only hunt yotes on Pine Log for about 20days out of the year. They are already everywhere on Pine Log, so why would they create a very restricted season for them? Makes no dang sense.

Crock Pot, One 16 oz. Coke, One Stubbs BBQ Sauce, Sourdough buns. Fried Okra

, Slap Your Momma
I Love My hogs !

That's the same recipe I've used a couple of Times. Minus the fried okra. Never tried it with sourdough though. hmm...

asc

It really used to not be an opinion, or even an option where I was brought up? We was raised better than that and were taught it was our obligation to dispatch any animal as quickly and as effectively as possible.

Step down off that high-horse there boy, fore you fall and break you neck. I wasn't bragging and I'm prolly older than you. We trap them and shoot them 12 months out of the year and barely put a dent in the population. To me they are vermin not much different than rats. I wish I could give you all the hogs in Fl.

Hogs

My son had 47 hogs come out in a food plot the second weekend of November this past season. He killed 4 before they could get gone.:shoot: