Best GA FFL dealer transfer fee?

I am sure this has been discussed...but I sure couldn't find the thread.

I am working on a trade from an out-of-state collector. I called my regular dealers to see what the transfer fee would be:
$50 (requests it from a FFL)
$45 (Chuck's, requires it from another FFL)
$40 (Adventure Outdoors...the guy wasn't sure)

This sure sounds expensive (especially after I have to pay for the shipping). Does anyone know a FFL that has a reasonable fee?

The three revolvers are all newer than 50 years old (I have a 03 C&R).

Thanks

Amend2nd

Call these people. I have personally had every firearm I may have purchased via Inet bids shipped through them. My last quote was $35 about a month ago.

Travel distance won't save you much though.

http://www.oakridgecustomfinishing.com/index.html

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
It has been a couple years since I used him but last time it was $10 per gun.

Sporting Arms , Winterville GA 706742-7971

groundhawg

Fifty dollars seems about right. That is what a couple of stores here in the Newnan area charge.

I guess it is fair since the store must fax info to the shipper then when they receive the firearm someone must enter all the information in their system. Once you are ready to pick-up the item an employee has to explain and check the forms you fill out then if you do not have a Georgia CWC take time to check your data with the NICS system. Someone has to then complete the data in the receiving shop's system and file all the paperwork.

jonjon528

I paid 20 or 25 at Basspro just a couple of months ago. They will require the FFL from the seller to be faxed to them prior to the transfer.

tad1

x 2 on sporting arms in winterville. I've heard nothing but rave reviews on doing business there. I think 50 seems like way too much to charge. but I'm fairly ignorant to the process as I've only done it maybe two times. One time I believe they waived the fee but I was purchasing a scope and a few accessories. the other time I believe roughly 20 was what I paid.

Thanks guys; I'll call off this deal.

I had no idea that this was something so complicated. I've had a GA license for 30 years (now known as a GWCL). I am federally licensed (C&R).

It does upset me somewhat that a guy that has taken his money for 30 years for purchases; now needs $50 to get them to send a fax. :confused:

I've been a local gun shop supporter for many years. I could have bought it cheaper on the internet. Due to sales taxes (6%), I could have gotten it cheaper on the internet.

Sorry about the rant but when did past customer service mean nothing? I could have bought these on the internet for less, but no, I supported the local dealer.
100Years1.jpg

I guess it's different now than before. I need to join the internet generation.

leoparddog

Bullseye in Lawrenceville charges $40 unless you're a member. A few years back they charged $25. I have my GCWL, so all they had to do was send a fax, log the pistol in their FFL log and review the form I filled out. I'm sure it took less than 30 minutes total for them to do all of that.

I got the Contender for a very good price on GB so even after shipping and the $40 transfer, it still worked out to be a good deal. When I shop online, I add that shipping and transfer fee to whatever I'm thinking about bidding. Sometimes that extra $70 or so is a deal breaker.

I have my GCWL, so all they had to do was send a fax, log the pistol in their FFL log and review the form I filled out. I'm sure it took less than 30 minutes total for them to do all of that.

When I shop online, I add that shipping and transfer fee to whatever I'm thinking about bidding. Sometimes that extra $70 or so is a deal breaker.
We think alike.

I can't think that it would take even 30 minutes. The form takes me 3 minutes to fill out. They write down my DL # and GWCL # along with the gun make/model & ser. #.

I am looking at 2 S&W revolvers. The shipping and $50 adds $200 to the deal (20%).

Personnaly, the most I spent on a tranfer is $20.

http://www.gunbroker.com/FFL/SearchForFFL.aspx?st=State&sv=GA
Thanks,
I see a few near my house.

I'll contact them. I am just stubborn enough to stop shopping at my old stores and find new friends.:bounce:

boneboy96

last time i checked cherokee gun and pawn in canton didn't charge for incoming transfers.

^^^^^ this ^^^^^. Forsyth Co. Pawn in Cumming charges $20 I believe...it's been a while.

Last time I checked Cherokee gun and pawn in canton didn't charge for incoming transfers.
That is still so.

I went thru that list (above, it's 35 pages) and narrowed it down to two.

Cherokee 678-880-7958

^^^^^ this ^^^^^. Forsyth Co. Pawn in Cumming charges $20 I believe...it's been a while.
This was the second one. ;) It's still $20.

They are closer to my house and had 8 pinned barrel S&W revolvers.

770-889-6564.
----

I talked to one guy that does his FFL business as a side (because he likes guns). He works full time at another job.

He sounded like he would work a good deal on a gun. He was $25 on transfers.

Bill 770-377-8404

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Bumping this back up.

What's the latest going rate on FFL transfers?

Thanks

GoldDot40

Sporting Arms in Winterville was still just $10 about a year ago. Great people to deal with.