Buying firearms at Gunbroker

JR924

Maybe a topic shot to death. But with the high firearm demand, wondering on best place to buy firearms especially vintage WW2 and cold war firearms. I know the GON classifieds are good but just not much selection. I so far have bought all my war surplus guns on Gunbroker. Has a lot of selection for the gun you want to buy. When I was looking for a Nangant, Gunbroker had 8 pages of them. However with taxes, credit card fees and shipping I ended up paying $527 for a cheap scoped Chinese Norinco SKS with a plastic 30 round magazine (10 years ago my brother paid $75 for an unscoped one). I ended up paying $100 for a SKS original magazine. Too much I know but caught up in the bidding. I paid $465 for a 1946 made Nangant. I paid $389 for an early war made GI capture Arisaka. With ammo cost that Arisaka will turn out to be my most expensive purchase. Not sure if any of these purchases are good deals but the pawn shop vintage guns were sllightly more expensive. All the guns I have bought from Gunbroker have been in great shape with zero problems with the Seller. Anyway Gunbroker is time consuming and I am hooked on the bidding. I am broke now and will have to work 2-3 months at my part time job to pay back our family savings (actually my Wife' money). Wondering who buys regualarly on Gunbroker and what is your strategy. Is there a better place to buy used vintage guns?? Thanks in advance for all replies.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
I like gunbroker anD wife n I have used gunbroker some.
I agree with you 100 percent. Nowadays the credit card fee's the taxing and shipping..... you feel you're gettin a good deal until a couple hundred bucks of extra's rack up.

Reactions: Dub

Jester896

Senior Clown
I bought a pistol that I had been looking for, for years off the site. The item wasn't as described yet still acceptable..just not for the money I paid for it. Still have the pistol and the memory to be leery of that place

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Does Gunbroker not get involved with a not as described item?

GregoryB.

Only bad dealings I have had when using Gunbroker was a Non Paying Buyer on a rifle I was selling. He had negative feed back for the same issue a year earlier. Gunbroker was slow in resolving the issue and crediting back my seller fees that they took directly from my account. I personally email the seller and ask several questions before I buy a gun. Purchased probably 10 guns in the last few years.

bighonkinjeep

Great place to find what you need as long as you read and ask any pertinant questions before bidding. It is a national marketplace so if selling you can often get top dollar for the current market. My best advice if buying there is be patient, ask questions first, take fees into account beforehand, and dont be afraid to bow out of the bidding. There will usually be another deal along in a few days or weeks. "Admins will remove bids from those with negative (non paying) feedback from your items if you ask em to.

jrickman

I've used it a pretty good bit, but I always buy from gun shops/pawn shops on there. I think in 20+ years of using GB, I've bought from an individual once.

JR924

Thanks for the replies and the different options to buy guns. I see a Nagant on GON classifieds for $250. Too late for me, I paid double. Will make request on classified next time once I get out of this financial hole I put myself in with Gunbroker. Was wondering if anybody concerned about rising firearm prices especially with semiautomatics, pistols and ammo ect with more than ever likely to pass bipartisan gun legislation? I heard bills of excessive taxes on guns and ammo not even needing congressional approval. Of course liability for gun manufactures will kill the industry. Background checks on gun shows and private individuals may raise prices. Worried even vintage guns will rise steeply in price if new guns are taxed with resulting shortages. What do you see as likely gun control legislation or excecutive orders for the near future??? Thanks in advice for replies.

bighonkinjeep

Thanks for the replies and the different options to buy guns. I see a Nagant on GON classifieds for $250. Too late for me, I paid double. Will make request on classified next time once I get out of this financial hole I put myself in with Gunbroker. Was wondering if anybody concerned about rising firearm prices especially with semiautomatics, pistols and ammo ect with more than ever likely to pass bipartisan gun legislation? I heard bills of excessive taxes on guns and ammo not even needing congressional approval. Of course liability for gun manufactures will kill the industry. Background checks on gun shows and private individuals may raise prices. Worried even vintage guns will rise steeply in price if new guns are taxed with resulting shortages. What do you see as likely gun control legislation or excecutive orders for the near future??? Thanks in advice for replies.
Anything collectable, especially old mil sup typically has differences that make some more collectable than others. Some old mil sup rifles bring double triple and even 100x more than others. Even the prices on Mosin Nagants can vary wildly depending on country, manufacture, year, markings, history and other factors

gordylew

I buy and sell on Gunbroker for nearly 20years. Very few issues and have a positive feedback of nearly 200. Someone suggested putting in a want to buy ad. I say I’ve had more scammers answer going that route then any other. Got taken for $115 by a scammer on an ad I put up looking for 32 rimfire ammo once. I would also be careful on Armslist. Lots of scammers there as well.