Firearm Choices

Jester896

Senior Clown
I have done 3 also. Once. Once I started processing them myself, I limit myself to 1 kill per hunt. And think real hard about killing more than 2 deer a season.

Rosewood
most of those went to a guy I hunted with to feed people in his church. 1 or 2 used to be all I needed then myself.

I may be in more of an over populated area than some. 10-20 guys killing 1 deer a year does nothing to relieve that. I have seen close to 100 in an ag field in Terrell Co before.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Owned alot of deer rifles through the years, sold most of them off.
I kept my...

Remington 760 30-06, bought new in 1989, I have killed a heap of critters with it.

Marlin 30-30, I killed my 1st deer with it, my kids killed thier 1st with it and my grandkids will kill thier 1st with it.

Marlin 444...just because its a whitetail hammer, and its not a hipster fad that the 45-70 has become.

Remington 870, also bought new in '89. It works.

SC Hunter

3 is my record with a bolt gun...2s are frequent
My Daddy and I went hunting one day when I was 15 or 16 years old and he told me to bring my rifle and a box of bullets. We were on a farm down in South Sumter County off hwy 308. We sat in that tower stand and shot deer all afternoon. I'd shoot and pass him the gun then he'd shoot. In all I think we killed 6 or 7 deer, the land owner asked that any deer we saw we shoot because they were THICK out there. It was all fun and games until I started dragging them to the road. We gave all but 2 of them away to families in the Koinonia Community and those were some happy folks. I've killed doubles several times but it turns into work real quick cleaning and quartering deer in bulk.

rosewood

Got 2fer hogs once, with the same boolit. Shot with my cast 206 grain from 35 remington, went clean thru 1st one and killed 2nd one.

Rosewood

rosewood

my 2fers generally come from it watching the first one that fell..and I was being vewy vewy quiet.
View attachment 1244587
This is where an autoloader is nice. It made all the noise reloading during the shot. Bolts or single shots require you to reload after things have gotten quiet. I am going to stick with my single shot though.

Rosewood