Got my gator mount back!

ktc286

Got my mount back from my 2012 gator the other day. Ronald Brown with Living Images Taxidermy did another great job!

Attachments

• Gator hunt Florida.JPG
    Gator hunt Florida.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 3,952
  • gator mount.JPG
    gator mount.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 5,876

groundhawg

Great mount on a huge gator. We expect to get ours back mid-August. Really looking forward to seeing it.

Tell us the story about getting your alligator - size, zone where taken, all you want to share.

ktc286

The gator in the post above is actually from Lake George FL. He was 12ft. 3in. and we estimated him around 700+lbs. My best GA gator to date is pictured below. He was 8ft. 9in. and was the first gator killed at the Evans County PFA during their first ever public open hunt in 2011. I usually focus on zones 7 and 8 in GA mainly because I have a friend in the area that runs commercial gator hunts.

Attachments

• KaseyCauthen02.jpg
    KaseyCauthen02.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 3,829
  • GA gator.JPG
    GA gator.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 3,839

ktc286

WOW, nice gator. what's something like that cost to mount? and what'd u do with rest of hide.

Ronald is a friend of mine so I guess I will have to say that I get a "friend discount", but the shoulder mount cost me $450 and the fully body was around $1K. I left the remainder of the 12ft. hide with my friends in FL. I honestly didn't know what to do with such a large hide!

BowHard

Banned
Man that's a huge gator!!! And such a cool mount! Ive never seen a full body gator mount! EPIC

Razor Blade

thats awesome , congrats on a nice hunt.